Head Accounting Services Jg ‘q’
Jobs at:Isiolo County
Deadline of this Job:
19 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TERMS: Contract 3 Years
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advice county government on all county public financial/Accounting matters
• Implementing approved government accounting standards
• Design and develop county accounting system
• Provide advice to county government on the best appropriate financial reporting formats
• Provide a link between the county and the national accounting standards bodies on matters relating to public sector financial reporting
• Develop guidelines for optimal staffing levels for the accounting department and facilitate training to ensure technical competence.
• Participate in county financial policy committees
• Oversee the implementation of the approved accounting standards, policies and concepts to ensure compliance
• Undertake capacity building for staff at county level
• Direct and control operations of the county exchequer account, and
• Participate in the relevant committees of the county assembly as advisor to the members and follow up on recommendations thereof including county treasury, treasury memorandum and oversee the accounting operations of the sub counties.
Requirements for appointment
• Bachelor’s Degree in either finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or any other relevant field.
• Be a holder of CPA K or its recognized equivalent
• Relevant working experience of not less than Ten (10) years
• Be a member of ICPAK in good standing
• Certificate in strategic leadership development program lasting not less than six (6) weeks from recognized institution.
• Certificate in computer application.
• Demonstrated professional competency & manageable capability as reflected in work performance & result
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants must furnish the Board with their applications copies of the following documents.
1. Copy of the national identify card.
2. Certified Copies of academic and professional certificates.
3. Detailed Curriculum Vitae.
4. Registration and Clearance from relevant regulatory Professional bodies.
5. Fulfill the requirement of chapter (6) six of the constitution of Kenya
Applications clearly marked should reach the undersigned by close of the business on or before 19TH January, 2023.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P. O. Box 224 - 60300.
Hand delivered to the County Public Service Board Offices along Isiolo Law courts road opposite Al Ansar playground
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.