Head Of Finance and Accounting
Jobs at:Nzoia Water Services Company Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
30 May 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
2. Head Of Finance and Accounting ( 1 Post) Salary scale 13-14 Reporting to the Managing Director Support Staff
• Accounts Assistants
Job Purpose (Role)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of finance is responsible for designing, planning and coordinating all aspects of financial management at the company and advises the management and the Board on NZOWASCO’S financial plans.
• Develop financial policies and strategies and coordinates their effective implementation.
• Review financial and accounting manuals to be in line with international financial statements and government regulations.
• Advise the Managing Director and the Board of Directors on effective way of maintain adequate liquidity to finance the operations of the company
• Co-ordinate, guide and assist the Heads of departments in the preparation and evaluation of annual departmental budget, consolidate the same into company budget and create systems and
procedures for monitoring performance against the budget • Coordinate the annual audit exercise.
• Prepare Board management reports for approval
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department
• Liaise with financial institution and investment portfolio with a view to effective cash- flow management
• Identify training needs for the departmental staffs.
• Ensure timely provision of high quality services to both internal and external customers
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
1. Working with Others:
• Team working: Recognize and develop opportunities for team working, driving improvement to the teams’ output and developing staffs within the team.
• Customer Focus: Provides a quality service that is regularly reviewed. Anticipates customer needs. Actively seeks feedback on services from customers and makes appropriate changes to service and to underpinning policy/strategy
• Communicating and influencing: Communicates effectively with a wide range of diverse internal and external stakeholders, influencing and negotiating change. Networks internally to keep ahead of developments 2. Delivering Results
• Uses trends and data to establish controls and performance indicators
• Organization Delivery: Takes account of organizational priorities to ensure that operational and strategic plans are being implemented and achieved.
• Adaptability: Embraces and manages change. Seeks opportunities for change, supporting colleagues in implementing new ways of working, effectively and supportively communicating the rationale for change.
3. Focusing on the Future
• Entrepreneurship and Commercial Focus: Spots and progresses business opportunities and opportunities for collaborative working externally and internally.
• Creativity and Innovation: Reviews, tests and implements new concepts, models and approaches to practice in support of service development and delivery
• Leading and Coaching: Is visible and publicly champions initiatives to provide direction. Takes responsibility for an area of work and for its outputs. Makes time to get to know people and motivate them. Regularly review performance of self and others.
Communication /Contacts Internal Contacts
• The Managing Director for instructions and guidance
• Other heads of Department
• With departmental support staff by allocating duties and responsibilities to them and supervising their assignments
• Other employees as appropriate
• External Auditors and other regulatory bodies
Academic/Professional Qualifications and Minimum Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Strategic management or any other business related field from a recognized institution
• CPA (K)/ACCA or equivalent qualification
• Member of a professional body in good standing
• At least seven years’ relevant experience with at least three years in senior management position
• Masters in the relevant field is an added advantage
Management course lasting four weeks is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are required to submit their CV, application letter, copies of academic and professional certificates and chapter six documents in hard copy, indicating the reference number on the envelop on or before 30th May 2022 by 5.00pm. to;
Nzoia Water Services Company Ltd
P.O. Box 1010- 50205
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.