Head of Collections
Jobs at:Mwananchi Credit Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 20 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Head of Recovery and Collections is responsible for collections operations process from intake until recovery as per the collections strategy of the business. The role is accountable for providing strategic direction and guidance on a diverse range of complex collection and recovery activities.
• The incumbent is responsible for overall direction, delivering business objectives and people management of the Collections Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
1. Develop and implement recovery strategies and action plans for each non- performing loans.
2. Reduction of non- performing debts through aggressive recoveries and viable restructuring options.
3. Full compliance with Credit policies. Achieving collections targets.
4. Supervise and manage Portfolio Officers performance to maximize on collections for optimum performance.
5. Minimize recovery costs through vetting of invoices and upfront fees negotiations.
6. Coach, guide and motivate staff to enhance efficiency and productivity.
7. Correspondence with both external and internal customers on debt collection and recoveries.
8. Meetings with the debtors and service providers, including official visits to their operations.
9. Monitor debtors’ compliance with the agreed settlement arrangements.
10. Control delinquent loan payments and recovery of non-performing loans.
11. Analyze clients’ financial situations and negotiate loan repayment arrangements.
12. Make recommendations to management, when appropriate, for stronger collection actions including repossession of security.
13. Giving a detailed report on accounts collected on daily, mid-month and monthly basis.
14. Maintain accurate records, files, and reports on all collection activity.
15. Inform management on the trends in loan disbursements that contribute to delinquency.
16. Contact clients whose loans are almost due to prepare them to honour the instalments.
17. Ensure all cheques which are due for banking are duly banked and follow up on bounced cheques.
18. Ensure all penalties arising from late repayments are followed up and collected.
19. Ensure all demand letters are issued timely and clients informed on the way forward.
20. Adhere to the set policy on loan recoveries and collections.
21. Perform any other related function as assigned to by the management from time to time.
• A good manager with finance qualification. Knowledge of legal practice a plus
• Numerically savvy, able to work with data, perform analysis and communicate result.
• Excellent analytical skills, quantitative and qualitative.
• Experience of working in a commercial debt recovery environment would be an advantage
• Proficiency and good IT skills and knowledge are essential
• Judgement to balance commercial debt recovery and compliance risks to achieve positive outcomes
• Maintains the highest professional standards
• Ability to build supportive relationships with everyone across the firm
• Excellent communication and leadership skills with an ability to influence at all levels
• Excellent organizational skills
• Able to multi-task, manage time effectively and keep calm under pressure
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Mwananchi Credit Ltd on www.linkedin.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.