Head of Credit Analysis
Jobs at:Bank of Africa Kenya Limited
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To promptly evaluate creditworthiness of a borrower and ensure the proposed credit risk is profitable, beneficial to the client and is within the relevant policies and regulations. The role will
• also add value to the credit proposals under consideration by providing advice and techniques to mitigate risks for credits that are considered bankable.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• To ensure approval of quality profitable loans and identified risks properly mitigated by approving/declining or recommending for further review Credit Risk Proposals through:
• Confirming borrower’s credit worthiness as presented by Credit Analysts
• Confirming suitability of collateral offered.
• Ensuring credit risks and breaches are identified & mitigation measures proposed.
• Reviewing if proposed facility pricing in credit is in line with the set credit scoring models.
• Approving credit files within allocated DLA or recommending the proposal for further review or returning to relationship manager highlighting critical missing information and documents.
• Team Management: To Guide, Motivate and provide leadership to the team members to enable them achieve individual results and ultimately organizational objectives.
• To ensure approved loans are progressed whilst the risks are still well mitigated for approved loans requiring minor amendments to underwriting standards by approving/declining or
• recommending for further review, through:
• Ensuring all documents & information required to justify the variations are availed.
• Ensuring the request is justified and does not alter materially the proposal as was approved.
• Approving/Declining or recommending for further review or returning to relationship manager
• highlighting critical missing information and documents.
• To organize Credit Approval Committee meetings for decision making on credit proposals presented by coordinating the meetings through:
• Communicating an invite to all stakeholders involved. Presenting previous minutes for review
• Following up on various action points as per CAC meeting deliberations.
• Taking minutes.
• Presenting summaries of Credit Analysis unit decisions for further deliberations
• Minimum 7 years’ banking experience, with at least 5 years’ being at Credit Analysis role.
• Good understanding of financial policies, procedures, and external regulations.
• Demonstrated expertise and in-depth knowledge credit process and credit products.
• Evidenced knowledge and understanding of the current banking and financial services operating environment, trends, and practice, related regulatory and governance guidelines and requirement, and applicable laws.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
• University Degree preferably in Business related field such as Economics, Finance & Accounting from recognized institution by Commission for University Education.
• Banking professional qualification, Accounting Qualification or equivalent
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.