Head of Department Cambridge
Jobs at:Makini High School
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 14 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, July 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• A Head of Department is responsible to the Principal. He or She is required to articulate the vision and culture of Makini Cambridge School to all stakeholders, learners, Staff and current and prospective clientele as per the ethos of the Makini Brand. The office bearer will lead faculty members in execution of their duties and in be responsible for their professional development. The HOD is required to be conversant and articulate global trends in education that steer the team to deliver learner outcomes that meet and global standards and ensure sustainability in their subject specialisation within a competitive market by demonstrating innovative approaches in curriculum delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities Of The Jobs
Administrative /Managerial Capacity
• A critical thinker and strong at decision making
• Able to articulate and apply problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Expert in collaboration and team building
• Superior competencies and skills in resourcing, planning, delivery, assessment and reporting in the subject specialisation.
• Lead in interpretation, development and implementation of Departmental Teaching and Learning documents prescribed by the Cambridge Syllabus and adopted to fit Makini Cambridge targets.
• Assessments; Knowledge of Cambridge examination schedules, requirements, rules and regulations, and Preparation of Candidates.
• Initiate and direct Departmental Co-curricular activities
• Lead in Development of Departmental policies, planning documents, reports and reviews.
• Technology expertise that enables data analysis, evaluation of outcomes and development of reports.
• Management of Departmental resources and budgets (Projections, Preparation, Presentation and management)
• To undertake pastoral duties for Teachers and learners in support of academics.
• To lead and advise Departmental members in differentiated teaching and learning that addresses learners of varied abilities.
• To ensure high quality and immediate feedback is provided to learners and stakeholders and appropriate tasks are assigned.
• To liaise with the line managers to address and provide interventions for academic and social- emotional needs of the learners.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Education & Professional Certification
• Minimum Bachelor of Education degree or its equivalent from a recognized University.
• Experience in teaching the Cambridge Syllabus with a proven track record in performance and cocurricular programs.
• Registered TSC number
• Demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of current educational issues relating to the specialist subject areas - including policy, legal frameworks, wider development in curriculum and assessment;
• Demonstrate knowledge and practice of Child Protection.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Ms Office suite of packages
• Superior Planning and Organisation skills
• Creativity and Innovation in subject specialisation
• Ability to teach successfully across the Key Stages of the Cambridge pathway.
• Setting standards and providing a role model for learners and other staff, in the teaching and learning of the subject.
• Enhancement of student initiatives and engagements.
• Confidentiality and Integrity
• Excellence in Time Management
• Outstanding Professional conduct as defined by Makini Staff Code of Conduct.
List of essential experience
• At least 3 years of teaching, assessment, analysis and reporting under the CAIE.
Essential qualities or behaviours
• Be willing to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower a team of teachers to believe in a vision of excellence
• Expert in target setting and ambitious achiever
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.