Head of Department - Global Internal Audit
Jobs at:Kyosk Digital Services
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Head of Department - Global Internal Audit
PURPOSE & CONTEXT
• Perform financial, operational, system and process audits of the organisation’s functions and outsourced operations and reports on the adequacy, or otherwise, of the internal controls as a contribution to the proper economic, efficient and effective use of resources.
• Promotion of good stewardship of resources consistent with the organization’s purposes.
• Review compliance with regulatory, statutory, legal and ethical requirements as per policies, laws and good corporate governance standards.
Risk and Assurance
Internal audit performance
• Design a risk management framework for Kyosk Digital Services
• Develop and maintain the Internal Audit Procedures to ensure that best practice is taken account of and that the audits address specific areas of risk management
• Develop and manage an annual audit plan by reference to the risk management framework using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management.
• Implement the annual audit plan, including, as appropriate, any special tasks or projects requested by management and the audit/risk committee; and report periodically on the status and results of the audit plan and the adequacy of resources allotted to the function.
• At the conclusion of audit assignments, provide a full briefing to management and stakeholders ensuring that their comments are recorded as part of the review.
• Agree action plans necessary to implement the audit recommendations with the relevant stakeholders
• Monitor the implementation of the recommendations so made.
• Other engagements
• Provide consulting and advisory services, beyond internal auditing assurance services, to assist management in meeting its objectives; and, maintain a quality assurance program by which the function assures the operation of internal auditing activities.
• Evaluate and assess significant new services, processes, operations, and controls.
• Undertake financial, operational, administrative and information technology audits.
• Review and report to management on significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of Kyosk Digital Services, including potential improvements to those processes.
• Input into whistle blowing, anti-fraud and bribery and conflict of interest policy.
• Train and support a growing team of internal auditors including multi-country as business expands across the continent to ensure strict adherence to Kyosk Digital Services standards and compliance with procedures
• Develop a strong performing team, by taking care of the career paths of internal audit team.
Ad hoc Tasks
• Best Practices: Ensure that issues of internal control are considered during all work and in the development of new policies and procedures
• Support Missions: Identifies weaknesses and organize relevant support missions to Kyosk Digital services satellite operations, to help remediate any potential issues when Kyosk goes cross country.
• Systems: Contribute to continuous review of the organisations financial, operational, commercial and IT and systems and to recommend changes as necessary.
Manage internal audit team.
• Being the key risk champion of the business and interface with internal controls & Process optimization, loss control and all stakeholders in risk value chain.
• Regular meetings with colleagues across all functions w.r.t risk, governance and controls.
• Regular contact with the Kyosk Management to provide them with an update on risk register as well as risk remediation progress.
Decision Making Authority
• Work is conducted independently
• The role is an expert role with holder expected to bring current best approaches and thinking in risk, controls and governance.
• Formal education, professional qualifications or accreditations from industry bodies.
• Must be a Graduate from Accounting / Business / Engineering or equivalent school.
• Prefarably Qualified professional (CIA, CISA or equivalent)
• Postgraduate Degree in relevant field preferable business related will be a plus.
Skills & Knowledge
• Technical, specialist or professional skills required, indicating level of expertise.
• Must have excellent communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing)
• Planning & analytical, negotiating and influencing skills is important to the role.
• Must be proactive, co-operative and supportive team player
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Ability to work across cultures
• Ability and willingness for extensive local and overseas travel.
• Experience of internal audit work, risk appraisal and management techniques will be a plus.
• Design of risk based Internal Audit programmes.
• Experience in international organisations with overseas offices.
• Practical experience of fraud investigations
• Candidate should have 10 years (and above) Big 4 audit experience at senior manager level.
• Multiple audit assignments in major trading companies or experience in the FMCG sector
• 5 years in internal audit function is desired.
• Business Acumen - Sound understanding of the businesses requirements
• Analytical Thinking - Ability to analyze information and draw conclusions
• Effective Decision Making - The role requires you to work independently and make decisions as to how to approach problems and issues.
• Project Management - Ability to plan and organise workload and to meet deadlines is essential.
• Communication Skills - The role involves a lot of communication with different departments in the business. This may also involve discussing confidential or contentious issues. Very good interpersonal skills (communicates openly & effectively, is friendly, cooperative and good listener).
• Teamwork and Team Management -Ability to work independently and also to cooperate with the rest of Finance department as well as the rest of the business. Develops confidence-based relationships with others; flexible and adapts him/herself easily to other cultures. Ability to manage teams.
• People Development skills - Ability to develop the skill set of the employees
• Drive For Results - Completion of work within deadlines to meet the demands of the business with enthusiasm and self-motivation.
• Customer Orientation - Ability to deliver the requested information in a timely and accurate manner.
• High Integrity/ethics, and commitment to independency and objectivity - Ability to project and uphold Independence of mind.
• Out of the box thinking / Innovation - Ability to challenge existing processes and propose solutions to potential issues and/or future developments.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.