Head of Finance
Deadline of this Job:
19 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Head of Finance will oversee all the financial operations of Amitruck, including budgeting, financial planning, accounting, financial analysis, financial controlling, and cash management. Additionally, the role holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finance team.
Strategy, Planning, and Management
• Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the company with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
• Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information and reporting.
• Create and establish yearly and quarterly financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
• Participate in pivotal decisions relating to strategic initiatives, and operational models.
• Manage the risk of financial loss due to litigation.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting
• Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and weekly cash flow.
• Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
• Identify, develop, and execute analysis of business initiatives, and/or new service offerings.
• Develop, maintain and enforce the monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
• Supervise the creation of reports, software implementation, and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
• Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
• Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with customers and business partners.
• Build and utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization's plans and operating budgets.
• Represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, public auditors, and officials.
• Remain current on audit best practices as well as any changes to the regulatory framework that may have implications for the company's operations.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration, and Operations
• Ensure the proper functioning of all systems, and improve automation, databases, and financial software.
• Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
• Review and audit operations data before issuing approval of invoices and payments.
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data.
• Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all tax and statutory returns.
• Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
• Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
• Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools, and control systems.
• Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
• Partner with People Operations to ensure appropriate legal compliance in handling monthly payroll and associated inputs.
• Overseeing the process of credit checks on new and potential customers and ensuring appropriate documentation is prepared and maintained.
• Overseeing the development and implementation of debt collection policies and regulations.
• Overseeing that deadlines for customer invoicing and payment are adhered to.
• Taking lead on customer engagement in cases where non-payment occurs.
• Allocate tasks and oversee the day-to-day working of their team.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
• Participating in performance reviews and disciplinary procedures as needed.
• 12 years of working experience, 6 of which must have been leading a finance department in a similar or equal capacity.
• Extensive experience with budgeting, financial planning, accounting, financial analysis, financial controlling, and cash management.
• Extensive experience with building and/or improving finance systems, controls, and processes.
• Experience working in a high-growth pan-African startup is highly desirable.
• Qualified accountant (CA or CPA) or any similar Accounting qualification.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or another relevant field.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.