Head of Finance
Jobs at:KCA University (KCAU)
Deadline of this Job:
23 March 2023
Date Posted: Monday, March 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The job holder will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of financial management and accounting services through the implementation of University financial policies and regulations.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Perform financial management duties, including generating financial data, compiling and submitting reports, analyzing industry trends and assessing the financial position of the University.
• Oversee the operations and development of the University’s Finance Department, including creating and reviewing policies, budgeting, training and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures.
• Coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual account reconciliations, monitor and enforce compliance with tax and financial reporting standards and assist with cash flow forecasting.
• Formulate, develop and implement financial policies for the Finance Department to ensure that they are in line with financial regulations and accounting standards.
• Provide advice to University Management on the status of financial statements in regard to true and fair representation before being submitted to the auditors for examination.
• Control the financial resources to ensure optimal utilization of financial resources through proper allocation of funds to various Departments in the Institution.
• Develop and oversee implementation of risk management framework to protect the University from risks associated with resource utilization.
• Approve, authorize and monitor the University expenditure to ensure budgetary control is strictly adhered to for proper utilization of the University resources.
• Prepare comprehensive financial statements for publication and presentation to the relevant regulatory bodies to show the status of the University.
• Liaise with external and internal auditors on the audit of the University’s books of accounts and maintenance of good working relationships.
• Evaluate staff in the Finance Department to ensure adherence to the performance targets.
• Provide advice to the University on financial matters, including financial status, source of funds, donors and how to allocate funds to various projects that are viable to the University.
• Ensure the integrity of accounting information by reviewing account issues for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting.
• Oversee maintenance of supporting documents for a reliable and easy-to-follow audit trail.
• Review, plan, design, develop, coordinate and implement accounting services and systems in the University.
• Ensure timely submission of the University financial statements and reports.
• Formulate and implement the Financial strategies that will support the implementation of the overall University strategic plan.
• Participate in developing new business, identifying new funding opportunities, drafting prospective budgets, and determining the cost-effectiveness of prospective funding opportunities.
Qualifications And Experience
• Master’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting Option), Accounting, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized University.
• Have CPA (K) qualification.
• Member of ICPAK and in good standing.
• Three (3) years’ work experience as a Senior Accountant in a University OR nine (9) years’ work experience in a comparable Institution.
• Computer skills in relevant areas from a recognized Institution.
Other Skills And Competencies
• Extensive knowledge of financial and budget management in institutions of higher education.
• Strong leadership and strategic planning abilities.
• Skills in using financial management software used in institutions of higher education
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• A success track record of innovation
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV including three referees, academic and professional certificates, and a clear copy of your Kenya National ID and iTax certificate via email to email@example.com by 27th March 2023. The subject of your email should read the position
Head of Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.