Head of Financial Lines
Jobs at:American International Group, Inc. (AIG)
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, September 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Ensure that production growth targets are achieved and provide leadership to take remedial action to address shortfalls
• Accountability for Financial Lines P&L
• Establish / execute strategic business plans to achieve profitable growth in line with departmental targets
• Prepare, manage and execute production and expense budgets in line with departmental set budgets.
• Manage estimates and reporting processes and prepare ad hoc financial and management reports
• Manage and coordinate SLA’s with Customer Service Department to ensure operational efficiency and achievement of agreed customer service standards
• Assist Credit Control department with receivables
• Ensure adherence to all underwriting guidelines.
• Manage the portfolio in profitable and sustainable growth, closely following claims activity trends
• Ensure adherence to all reporting requirements
• Ensure adherence to all control framework requirements
• Weekly reporting on key performance indicators for new and renewal business
• Review, analyse and underwrite new and renewal business within underwriting authority
• Provide technical direction to underwriters
• Negotiate terms and conditions with clients and brokers
• Handle referrals to regional office as appropriate
• Provide technical support to the Reinsurance Underwriting & Distribution team.
Business Development and Retention
• Keep abreast of market changes and trends. Provide strategic direction for new business / new product development
• Seek opportunities to improve synergies and lead cross-sell initiatives with other profit centres
• Develop and maintain strong personal and professional relationships with clients
• Represent the company at industry bodies and professional associations and organizations
• Manage all expenses within budget. Continuously work to reduce the expense ratio through constant attention to efficiencies and opportunities to maximize productivity through streamlining of processes
• Set employee objectives and manage performance to achieve business goals
• Ensure that appropriate training and development is provided to meet technical & regulatory requirements and encourage professional & personal growth
• Work with HR to ensure that staff development plans are in place with feedback and follow-up
• Work with HR to manage succession planning to develop & retain talent and build bench strength
What we’re looking for:
• Tertiary qualification/Graduate level degree in Business/Economic/ Insurance or Marketing.
• Must have Insurance Technical qualifications CII/ACII/AIIK
• Re-insurance qualifications
• Proficiency in IT applications widely used for business
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.