Head of Media, Digital and Insights
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, December 30 1899
Date Posted:Saturday, December 30 1899, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To plan, manage and monitor the implementation of marketing management activities and processes in order to deliver on approved operational plans in an effective and efficient manner.
Head of Media, Digital and Insights
Reporting to Chief Marketing Officer, the role holder will provide integrated media strategic thought leadership and consumer planning strategies that will inspire the business with ideas and insights that will drive growth. They will work key stakeholders (internal and external) within the principles of collaboration & co-creation, local- insight led strategy and brilliant execution, embedded within mindset of productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency.
The role requires the ability to inspire, challenge and enable our teams to deliver industry leading work across both traditional and digital channels leveraging data and analytics from relevant Martech and AdTech platforms as well as traditional sources of insights on customer perceptions and behavior.
The role holder will lead in driving strategic and commercially savvy evidence-based decisions within the ever-changing context of our consumers lives.
Media and Digital leadership
1. Provide leadership and oversight over media strategy, media investment and media principles.
2. Own the process of consumer connections planning to ensure delivery of fully integrated connection plans that synergizes creative and media placement based on deep understanding of customers’ needs and behavior.
3. Translate business objectives into inspiring and clear briefs that deliver efficient customer insight led execution plans that deliver for both the customer and the business.
4. Track measurable objectives and media metrics for the business, explore innovative ways to deliver value as well as managing overall media budget and spends and driving efficiency.
5. Influencing and building capacity to drive effective media strategy that delivers both business and brand growth, bringing together marketing, data and technology.
6. Lead the media investment decision making process, leveraging data and analytical tools to ensue optimal media funding based on business priorities.
7. Drive marketing effectiveness to ensure delivery of ROI on marketing spend by identifying vehicles to drive this.
8. Lead Media partnerships with both traditional media and digital media owners to drive win/win outcomes.
9. Collaborate with the ABSA regional Centre hub to deliver media performance across key relevant workstreams and markets across the group.
10. Identify areas for continuous improvement, enhancements and fixes in the marketing processes and providing possible digital solutions.
11. Improve media and digital literacy across commercial leaders and broader working teams. Simplifying complexity and codifying best practice. Helping teams use data to make better decision.
Consumer Planning & Insight generation
1. Synthesize data and understanding from multiple sources – qualitative and quantitative and join the dots in a meaningful, actionable way that Uncovers deep insight but also generate the implications that will drive growth.
2. Own all stages of primary and secondary research from methodology to vendor management to maintain high standards of reporting to ensure actionable insights.
3. Lead the proactive identification of communication opportunities for growth by ensuring consumer understanding and insights are the heart of every idea and execution.
4. Lead the process of Measurement and Evaluation for each campaign and apply learnings to increase productivity of our marketing spend.
5. Fuel the business with consumer-led provocations and understanding to instigate change.
6. Externally attentive to – culture, trends and marketplace dynamics to detect the triggers and barriers to growth.
1. Oversee the performance of the media & research agency to ensure they are delivering value, performance, and effectiveness
2. Leadership and oversight of digital creative, connections team and influencer marketing portfolio.
Media planning & Effectiveness
1. Media strategy and execution
2. Media Reporting, Analysis and Optimization
Plan, optimize and track campaigns over a variety of digital delivery platforms.
Consumer planning & Insight
1. Insatiable curiosity for understanding consumers and the world they exist in, with evidence in applying this to drive growth.
2. Experience with tools and frameworks that deliver deep consumer understanding and insight.
3. Explore Trends, create Benchmarks and gain understanding of each consumer segment, major competitors, threats, and opportunities
Data Analysis, Insight generation & problem solving
Resilience combined with emotional intelligence to build collaborative and powerful working relationships.
Ability to influence across senior levels in the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing, Computer science or related field. Professional certification and/or a master’s degree in related field is added advantage
1. Minimum of 8 years’ experience of relevant experience – Marketing Strategy, Media Planning and Digital Marketing with at least 3 of those in a leadership role. Experience should include managing cross functional agency teams (creative, media, digital etc)
2. Experience working with digital best practice tools and have proven success driving a transformative agenda leveraging both traditional and digital sources of inspiration.
3. Active member of professional network such as MSK/CIM
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Marketing (Required)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.