Head of Merchant Acquiring
Jobs at:Equity Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
27 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 20, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Head of Merchant Acquiring is responsible for Strategy development and growing the merchant acquiring Business of the Bank. This includes both the POS merchant as well as Mobile (Pay with Equity) Acquiring businesses. She/He is also responsible for developing and implementing policies and programs within the department that support the organizations overall strategic direction.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
• Responsible for developing the Acquiring Business Strategy for the Bank.
• Responsible for Merchant Acquiring P&L Management
• Share best practices from across the Payments industry by ensure you are a captain of knowledge
• Collect feedback from customers & merchants and all other stakeholders to improve and grow acceptance.
• Keep up with the latest trends to ensure the merchant acquiring business is at the forefront of user experience, security, and technical capability
• Attract new merchants for the Bank in line with the Bank’s Strategy and plans.
• Expand the merchant acquiring business and other related services
• Establish and support key merchant relationships and provide best services to merchant customers.
• Strengthen merchant relationships in order to grow the wallet share.
• Contribute in growing Acquiring market share.
• Analyze, MIS reports and monitor performance.
• Conduct Market research to identify competitive information on new developments in the market.
• Suggest any developments and enhancements related to the overall Acquiring business.
• Handle both POS and Pay with Equity Acquiring Channels.
• Good Marketing acumen and proven track record of business growth
• 7 years of professional experience with at least 3 years in payment acquiring
• Good relationship management skills
• Basic technical skills and Operations functionalities
• Knowledge of using bank Payments systems
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to sustain effective relations internally and externally at all levels of a large organization
• Leadership skills and excellent team player
• Fluency in English with strong business writing skills
• Working knowledge of Merchant Acquiring, Card business and Mobile Payments
• Basic knowledge of Fraud Management and Risk Assessment of Merchants
• University Degree pref. in Banking / Business Management / Marketing.
• Ability to represent the bank in a professional manner.
• Ability to propose, negotiate and close deals.
• Ability to manage a team and coordinate with colleagues to achieve team success.
• Keeps abreast of all the recent developments in the Payments space across the world.
• Highly developed marketing & organizational skills with a customer-friendly attitude.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.