Head of Payroll
Jobs at:Volt Management Services Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking to hire a dynamic individual to head our payroll function. He will be responsible for directing all aspects of payroll processing, which include overseeing company payments, reviewing payroll changes, and compiling payroll summaries for management review.
To ensure success as a Head of Payroll, you should be able to create suitable plans for the continuous improvement of payroll systems. Ultimately, a top-notch Head of Payroll should possess excellent leadership skills and the ability to supervise personnel working under strict deadlines.
Head of Payroll Responsibilities:
• Heading the payroll team and managing their performance
• Managing all aspects of the payroll process, such as approving transactions and reviewing exemptions.
• Changing individual payrolls as stipulated by management, such as tax deductions or salary adjustments.
• Maintaining payroll systems, troubleshooting, and addressing issues that may arise.
• Auditing payroll transactions to ensure that accounts, payment dates, and taxes are accurate and up to date.
• Creating monthly and annual payroll reports for management review.
• Ensuring all payroll systems comply with Kenya tax & Employment laws.
• Ensuring all Tax Year-End procedures are run including P10, P10A processing.
• Providing support to Operations Team and Finance departments on Payroll Matters
• Ensuring compliance with Working Time Directive and flagging to Senior Management potential breaches of regulations.
• Ensuring compliance and updating of SOPs for all payrolls and cross-trained staff on full payroll cycle from start to finish
• Attending to any payroll-related queries or questions from employees.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Human Resource Management, or a similar field.
• At least Five years' experience as a manager/functional head
• Technical experience in payroll processing and payroll systems.
• Excellent knowledge of various payroll software will be an added advantage.
• Familiarity with labour legislation and Finance tax laws.
• The ability to ethically work with employee-sensitive information.
• Solid knowledge of data management.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with team members.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Volt Management Services Limited on www.careers-page.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.