Head of Revenue Growth Management
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, July 03 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• For Kenya Breweries to achieve its ambitious growth and profitability agenda, there is need to transform the way we develop, plan, and execute commercial plans. There is a particular focus required on customer planning, customer performance management and revenue management to increase our current performance by delivering a sustainable balance of volume and price / mix growth that drives value for Diageo, our customers and consumers.
• This role will deliver best in class revenue growth management capabilities to ensure that KBL has the optimum go to market plan to win internally via the P&L, win externally via market share and enable our customers to create category value.
• Additionally, this role will embed a holistic Revenue Management approach within KBL processes.
• KBL has an ambition to be a KES 100 billion NSV business with an OP of 40% by F26.
• The mission of Revenue Growth Management (RGM) role holder will be to deliver a sustainable balance of volume, price, and mix that will enable KBL achieve the set ambition.
• The scope of this role is KBL, which has 97% volume share of beer market and 70% of spirits. KBL is one of the leading FMCG companies in East Africa and markets UDV brands. KBL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrance of new players in the total alcohol category. This necessitates the need for a pro-active business approach.
• An advantaged national distribution network within the Kenyan alcohol market is key to maintaining KBLs competitive advantage and delivery of both volume growth and market share.
• In addition, the changing macros driven by competition for limited disposable incomes and the opening of economic trading blocs allowing in flow of products from other markets has become a key challenge for KBL.
• Consumers are also becoming more discerning demanding better value for money at the bottom end and uncompromised quality at the top. This requires proactive selling to maximise company market share.
• Strategic thinking – lead the development of integrated business plan to deliver multiple objectives across different product categories, brands, and channels.
• Shape the future – lead breakthrough thinking for KBL to unlock market growth opportunity.
• Commercial acumen – a commercial expert with ability to execute brand and channel strategies through different RTM. Exceptional understanding of the point of purchase levers and resource required to execute.
• Analytical skills –ability to synthesise and analyse data, generating meaningful insights and recommendations.
• Agility to work in a fast moving, matrix organisation and the ability to build strong relationships to deliver amazing outcomes.
• Invest in talent – leads a team of 1, enabling them to be their best, have the freedom to succeed, have the courage to deliver and be collaborative.
• Lead the development and implementation of KBL Revenue Growth Management strategies to deliver commercial plan across all channels to achieve financial targets and market share.
• Use data science and technology to formulate the Picture of Success and guide the business to prioritize interventions.
• Establish rigorous and continuous tracking of the external environment to highlight risks and opportunities relating to the delivery of KBL strategy and plan. Be proactive in mitigating risk, exploring, and testing hypothesis.
• Develop proposal to allocate trade investment across channels and customers based on customer segmentation, NSV size and strategic importance.
• Inspire strategic customers to partner with KBL to fuel the future of TBA via compelling category vision and plans.
• Build an amazing team of thought leaders who establish trust and credibility for shaping the future with both internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Graduate degree in business or other disciplines that require quantitative knowledge.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in strategy and planning roles, ideally some time spent in revenue management and in customer facing roles.
• Understands the end-to-end value chain.
• Strong evidence of being a catalyst for change, using data and insight to provoke and inspire a different future and ability to influence stakeholders to execute.
• Analytical and strategic skills – must be able to synthesize marketing and commercial information to draw insights and actionable recommendations (e.g., structure the problem, collect data, identify issues, and present results)
• Evidence of strong management of a P&L, demonstrable examples of balanced and effective investment decisions and market share growth, plus a history of in-flight Business Performance Management and course correction
Barriers to Success in Role (Optional):
• Inability to deal with complexity and competing priorities and objectives.
• Inability to navigate senior management to secure alignment on KBL strategy.
• Anything short of advanced analytical skills and the inability to connect the dots between strategy, planning and execution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.