Head of Risk and Compliance
Jobs at:Rose Avenue Group
Deadline of this Job:
22 March 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Contribute to the overall risk management strategy of maintaining/ reducing the level of risk as the business expands.
• Liaising with the leadership team, Credit/operations Managers on the identification and management of risks and highlighting risk concerns for Executive Review.
• Develop all risks policies and compliance
• Optimizing the trade-off between maximizing revenue and minimizing losses, through in-depth portfolio trend analysis
• Assess risks i.e. market risks, operations, reputation/ethics Risks, etc., and advise on mitigation
• Provide exposure limits for the various business segments and provide a portfolio product mix
• Advise credit teams on the industry trends
• Raise the visibility of compliance issues, internally across all stakeholders within the organization.
• To influence the profitability of the Loans products through improving decision-making via improved forecasting and modeling capability and delivery of Business shaping analysis
• Lead the delivery of loans credit risk analysis, involving cross-functional research and analysis to identify the resolution of credit risk issues.
• Continually assess the adequacy of and adherence to internal credit policies and loan administration procedures
• Project relevant trends that affect the collectibles of the portfolio and isolate potential problem areas
• Provide management with accurate and timely information relating to credit quality that can be used for financial and regulatory reporting
• Ensuring consistent application of the internal credit policies and loan administration procedures
• Develop the Debt recovery team to recover 90% of non – performing Loans
• Develop a Risk Manual, to guide Credit Managers in managing the various credit risks such as Classifications, Debt Recovery, Monitoring, and Control.
• Assess and advise the Credit team on the various classification categories and actions to be taken.
• Ensure Compliance Policy is in line with the regulatory bodies and as per the MFI Act.
• Maximize return on capital
• Assessing credit risks on requests outside of group lending going to the CEO and RMC for approval and clearly stating the level of risk and whether they are good for our level of risk assumption and the PAR acceptable levels
• Monitor loan repayments globally and initiate/recommend a course of action
• Ensuring that the security documentation and other necessary documentation are obtained and completed in all respects before the drawdown of the facility
• The initiating, setting up, and maintaining of a system of lodgment and withdrawal of securities
• Develop the credit analysis and relationship management skills of the business development coordinators thus ensuring that the BDC loan portfolio at risk is within 5% of the total BDC portfolio.
• Identify opportunities to produce innovative ideas to keep risk management at the forefront of Business. Taking account of international practices where applicable such as Basel 2.
• Member of the Head office Credit Committee as well as the EXCOM Committee.
• Minimum University Degree in Finance or a related field from a recognized institution of higher learning
• A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
• At least 8 years of relevant work experience in the Banking sector, with at least 5 years experience in all aspects of lending i.e. risk assessment, monitoring and control of loans, Loan documentation, Securities
• Experience in Internal Audit is desirable
• Accounting knowledge and wide knowledge of the microfinance performance
• Good decision-making skills
• Good communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Keen follow up
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Rose Avenue Group on www.racg.co.ke to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.