Head of Trade Finance
Jobs at:Bank of Africa Kenya Limited
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2022
Date Posted: Monday, April 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Head of Trade Finance
The role is responsible for the growth of international Trade Finance business through acquiring, nurturing, and growing both clients Enterprise and Business Banking clients.
Specific job responsibilities include among others;
1. Selling/marketing core Trade Finance products and services including but not limited to traditional trade products such as issuances, confirmation and discounting of Letters of Credit, Documentary Collections, Guarantees, Supply Chain Finance, risk distribution and other structured transactions on a local, regional and global basis.
2. Offering correspondent banking services to Financial Institutions and securing Trade Finance Limits with international banks.
3. Working closely with Business Development team, Regional Business and Financial Institutions to deliver the Trade Finance targeted growth as well as representing the bank in client and industry engagements
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Strategic planning for trade finance business in line with the bank’s annual and tri-annual business development plans.
• Provide strategic advice to the bank management on matters trade finance
• Proactively manage the Trade Finance business portfolio by designing and implementing suitable business acquisition strategies to achieve the trade portfolio and revenue targets.
• Provide input to credit applications in conjunction with the business development teams aligned with defined strategy and engage with colleagues in product, sales support, and risk as appropriate.
• Providing support to the Bank on matters Trade Finance through availability for client visits and structuring Trade Finance deals to maximize on fees and commissions.
• Data analysis/ reporting - Provide performance management reports as and when required on Trade Finance business growth and strategy.
• Monitoring approved credit line utilization for our clients.
• Meeting group risk and profitability requirements and deliver targeted growth in Trade Finance business.
• Develop and deliver a Trade sales strategy and secure strategic internal support from stakeholders, in conjunction with the business development team to identify and satisfy customer needs and to the Bank’s Trade portfolio and revenue growth.
• Act as the point of contact for all trade transactions by giving technical support to business and customers, responding to client’s requests in a timely manner or giving a holding position pending feedback.
• Support the active management of the trade portfolio as required.
• Develop strong business relationships with other financial institutions, customers, industry stakeholders to facilitate BOA banks participation in trade finance deals in markets where the group has a presence.
• Identify product gaps or new product opportunities to influence the development of key new product service initiatives.
• Liaising with Group Trade Finance team to keep abreast of all trade related events that Trade Sales managers should be attending or at least be aware of – Trade Publications, Annual client/ market events.
• Getting market and client/ competitor intelligence, understanding the E. Africa Trade Finance market.
• Have an appreciation of Trade Based Money Laundering (TBML) due diligence.
• Conduct Trade Finance training for the Bank and complete all other product and mandatory trainings.
• Staff management and development, including motivation and succession planning.
• Ensure regulatory requirements are met and are compliant with Regulatory policy in order to protect and enhance the bank’s reputation.
Key Performance Indicators (at least 5)
• Growth of the overall Trade Finance portfolio and regional business volumes of the Bank in terms of Trade products.
• Management and achievement of Trade Finance budget in terms of volumes and the fees and commissions.
• Maintain the quality of the Trade Finance portfolio within acceptable risk limits as set by the bank.
• Team’s Learning & Growth measured by attainment of at least 90% in all assessments undertaken
• University Degree in a business-related field. An MBA will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 8 years general banking experience with at least 5 years’ experience in Trade Sales or Product Management capacity.
• Demonstrable success in Trade Sales and Business Development.
• Deep knowledge of risk profile and regulatory treatment of Trade Finance products and associated risk and portfolio management practices.
• Technical LC experience (3-5 years) - knowledge of Uniform Customs and Practices for Documentary Credits (UCP 600), International Standby Practices (ISP98) including Uniform
• Commercial Code article 5 and ICC uniform Rules for Demand Guarantees (URDG 758)
Competencies and Attributes
• Leadership - provides leadership and strategic oversight on Trade Business to ensure proper management and growth of the Trade Finance portfolio.
• Communication Skills (Verbal & Written) and Presentation skills – ability to articulate clearly and intentionally to various stakeholders in relation to the Trade Finance ambitions.
• Stakeholder Management - Demonstrate interpersonal skills in the identification, analysis, and planning of actions to communicate with, negotiate with and influence various stakeholders across the network.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt quickly to new and diverse environments including working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Emotional Intelligence – The ability to understand and manage own emotions, team, and various stakeholders across the Region including managing conflict between the various subsidiaries.
• Analytical Skills - ability to deconstruct information/critical thinking, to draw conclusions for problem analysis, resolution and decision making.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.