Head of Treasury
Jobs at:Bayer East Africa
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 20 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reporting directly to the local Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the jobholder is accountable for all Treasury matters within the country group. The main objectives are to assure liquidity for the business in the region, optimize legal & tax structures on local and regional level and ensure the optimal usage of financial resources; all in accordance with global guidance and local laws. Treasury ensures the optimal allocation, sourcing and management of financial resources.
• The jobholder oversees the cash management and banking structures for Bayer in the country group. This includes improving the forex access across South East Africa, establishing banking policies, and managing relationships with commercial and central banks. The role also oversees the insurance portfolio of Bayer in the country group and comprises both global and local aspects of financial risk management. It includes regular financial reporting and planning as well as the management of dividend planning and inter-company loans.
Key responsibilities and tasks
• Lead all Treasury activities and ensure stable legal entity financing across South East Africa
• Consolidate the South East Africa Treasury organization, define the scope of responsibilities, and coordinate the operations for each Country
• Establish adequate monitoring and steering mechanisms for country-level treasury including treasury risk management. Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting.
• Develop and implement strategic planning for Treasury across South East Africa.
• Responsible for all insurance-related matters across South East Africa
• Derive and implement strategic measures to improve forex access across South East Africa
• Engage with business leaders across Divisions to support development of business strategies with Treasury considerations. Provide business partnering across the region
• Support potential assessments for business model changes, investments and company projects as necessary for the appropriate company decision making
• Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior company leadership.
• Leading company projects aligned with Corporate Finance Strategies
• Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally. Closely collaborate with Global Treasury team
• Closely interact with commercial banks, central banks and other external stakeholders to support our business interests. Execute all bank agreements and maintain proper documentation.
• Manage, develop, and mentor the staff members to greater levels of effectiveness and engagement on projects and assess performance through formal periodic reviews and informal feedback.
• Implementation of process improvements by including new technology, documentation, controls and methodology for all markets and processes in scope
• Coordinate and optimize finance structures and the use of financial resources, all in accordance with global guidance.
• Coordinate along with Taxes the yearly dividends planning
• Manage the payment process including foreign exchange payments ensuring necessary approval is obtained from the relevant Reserve Banks
• Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the Treasury processes.
• Provide support with various internal / external audits as they arise in the region.
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• University degree ideally in business, economics, finance or engineering
• Several years of professional experience in Treasury or similar fields, ideally across Sub-Sahara-Africa
• Proven leadership and team management experience at least 3 years. Knowledge of accounting, tax and finance processes in a legal entity.
• Knowledge of Bayer Group structure, the Business Groups and Service Divisions
• Profound knowledge and feeling for the Business of the respective Legal Entities
• Sufficient legal knowledge and advanced ERP / BI knowledge
• Communications strategy and messaging skills with the ability to build long term partnerships with internal management & staff
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, negotiating and influencing skills
• Strong networking skills in local and international finance operations Language skills: English fluently
• Team-oriented leadership skills
• Competence to grasp an overview of complex subject matters and to deduce operational activities
• Experienced in multidisciplinary project- and corresponding change management
• Role model for the Bayer LIFE Values
• Promote the organizational culture within the Group Finance community by including change management and customer service approaches to provide high quality services
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Bayer East Africa on bayerza.my.salesforce-sites.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.