Home Loan Specialist
Jobs at:Absa Bank Limited
Deadline of this Job:
16 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To provide excellent customer experience, deliver exceptional branch business growth and profitability.
• To recruit and retain Home Loan customers
• To deliver exceptional retail business performance through Home Loan sales & excellent customer service
• To develop and maintain a high profile for Home Loans within a number of branches
• To ensure that all aspects of operational rigour are maintained when involved in the home loan process
Key Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities)
Sales and Service; Time split 75%
• Drive and deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer’s home loan needs
• Achieve & Exceed Home Loan & Cross Sale Targets
• Utilize the standard sales process to identify customer’s Home Loan requirements
• Facilitate customer understanding of the Home Loan procedure and process
• Champion and manage Home Loan product & channels
• Own and drive the outlet home loan sales objectives/targets
• Maintain Home Loan sales performance statistics for management information usage.
• Manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership, escalating where necessary and resolving in a timely manner.
• Identify when & where to refer customers to an appropriate area of delivery for other product sales help or advice
• Ensure documentation such as the home loan application and internal submission forms are fully completed & error free.
• Deliver world class customer service practices and ensure adherence to Barclays Service standards.
• Accurate collation and packaging of relevant documents for processing.
• Conduct branch Home Loan marketing campaigns and participate in country level campaigns
Internal Controls & Risk Management; Time split 10%
• Achieve operational rigor excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes undertaken to ensure satisfactory audit.
• Follow the Retail end to end procedures for Home Loans ensuring new accounts are KYC compliant
• Ensure compliance with operations risk & rigor requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises.
• Ensure the Bank’s Home Loan lending criteria is met
Customer Experience: Time split 15%
• In conjunction with the Branch Manager and other branch colleagues create a conducive work environment, teamwork, and effective succession opportunities to ensure maximum productivity.
• Ensure the assigned e-learning and internal training activities for self and direct reports undertaken within set timelines.
• Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and own succession planning.
• Manage your own leave by working closely with your Line Manager
• Technology Skills; Knowledge of computerized banking applications and spreadsheets
• Conceptual and analytical skills; Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen to details
• Risk management: Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by implementing appropriate risk management policies for the bank
• Compliance and Regulatory Framework; Top nick understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by CBK, KBA, KRA etc
• Basic Credit Skills; Good knowledge of personal and business credit underwriting and portfolio management
• Audit standards & Legislation; Good knowledge of International Accounting and Audit Standards, and Legislation
• Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations; Well-rounded knowledge of all the Banks products, operations and processed and excellent knowledge of bank policies and procedures to consistently achieve the required compliance standard.
Behavioral and Cognitive Competencies
• Results and achievements oriented; Strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others he/she leads to optimize employee productivity. Ability to effectively plan and monitor the branch performance using defined system and processes
• Leadership and Management Skills; Ability to strive for growth through performance, nurture and grow talent for self. Capability to mentor and manage changes. Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication. Teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer service-oriented culture
• Communication & Interpersonal Skills; Well-developed oral and report-writing skill, ability to work with others. Effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (Internal/external), and other stakeholders who impact on performance.
• Negotiation & Selling Skills; Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behavior and work practices but always win/win. Negotiate with customers on product offering to grow customer numbers/value and product uptake
• Human Resource Management Skills: Basic leadership skills, team building and ability to train, develop, lead and work with highly motivated teams
• Personal Ethics; Must be honest, fair, just but firm with self, and of high integrity
• Relationship Management: Managing client relationships so as to ensure excellent customer experience leading to value add to the customer and increase in the Banks share of wallet
• Conscious of banks reputation; Protect and enhance the banks reputation
• Higher Certificates and Advanced National (Vocational) Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.