Jobs at:Bridge Talent Management
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, July 03 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Scope and General Purpose:
• A hospital matron, also known as a nursing matron or chief nurse, is a senior-level nursing professional who oversees the nursing staff and operations within a hospital. The role of a hospital matron is vital in ensuring high-quality patient care, effective management of nursing resources, and adherence to nursing standards and regulations. The specific job description of a hospital matron may vary depending on the hospital's size, specialty, and organizational structure, but here are some common responsibilities and duties associated with the role:
Leadership and Management:
• Provide strong leadership to the nursing staff, promoting a positive and professional work environment.
• Supervise and manage the nursing staff, including recruitment, training, scheduling, performance evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
• Ensure appropriate staffing levels, skill mix, and allocation of resources to meet patient care needs.
• Develop and implement policies, procedures, and protocols related to nursing care and ensure compliance with healthcare regulations and standards.
Patient Care Management:
• Monitor and evaluate the quality of nursing care provided to patients, ensuring adherence to evidence-based practices and patient safety standards.
• Collaborate with medical staff and other healthcare professionals to coordinate and optimize patient care delivery.
• Participate in developing and implementing care pathways, clinical guidelines, and protocols to enhance patient outcomes and improve efficiency.
• Address patient and family concerns or complaints related to nursing care and resolve issues in a timely and satisfactory manner.
Staff Development and Education:
• Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to nursing staff to foster professional growth and enhance their clinical skills and knowledge.
• Identify training and development needs of the nursing staff and facilitate continuing education programs, workshops, and in-service training.
• Promote a culture of continuous learning, evidence-based practice, and research among the nursing team.
Quality Assurance and Improvement:
• Monitor and evaluate nursing performance indicators, patient satisfaction, and outcomes to identify areas for improvement.
• Lead quality improvement initiatives and participate in hospital-wide committees and projects aimed at enhancing patient care and safety.
• Implement and oversee infection control protocols, medication management practices, and other nursing-related policies to ensure patient safety and regulatory compliance.
Collaboration and Communication:
• Foster effective communication and collaboration between nursing staff, medical staff, allied health professionals, and other hospital departments.
• Serve as a liaison between nursing staff and hospital administration, advocating for nursing-related needs, resources, and improvements.
• Participate in interdisciplinary meetings, case conferences, and hospital committees to facilitate coordination of care and promote multidisciplinary collaboration.
Budgeting and Resource Management:
• Participate in developing and managing the nursing department's budget, ensuring optimal utilization of resources.
• Collaborate with hospital administration in the procurement and maintenance of nursing equipment, supplies, and technology.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.