IFRS 17 - Finance Lead
Jobs at:CIC Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
04 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The role holder will work lead the IFRS17 workstream, with the responsibility for financial standards implementation within strict timelines, system set-up, user acceptance testing, dry run and go live.
• Lead in defining the General ledger principles, User Requirements and functional specifications
• Working with the different teams to define the General ledger interphase design and the implications against the existing systems.
• Design the end-to-end expense classification and allocation as well as developing the expense mapping tables
• Design and develop the end-to-end reconciliation of IFRS 17 data and results
• Design and work with the various stakeholders to build the end-to-end accounting posting rules framework
• Develop the IFRS 17 Chart of accounts, both at subledger level and General ledger
• Develop the mapping between the Subledger, General Ledger and ETL to Source systems
• Design and Develop the Financial Statement templates and Disclosures required for IFRS17 Reporting
• Design coding, structuring of and data sources for Reporting and Disclosures templates
• Support stakeholders with financial inputs: Finance, appointed actuary and audit/ assurance teams on IFRS17 reporting within monthly, quarterly and end year reporting timelines
• Fulfill IFRS17 implementation for the Group
• Full end to end financial reporting under IFRS 17 with reconciliations to IFRS 4 reporting
• Master level MBA,MSC will be an added advantage
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics or any other related field
• Professional accounting qualification CPA/ACCA is a mandatory requirement
• Minimum of three (7) years’ relevant experience, with at least (2) of which is at a supervisory level.
• Experience in both General and Life Insurance is an added advantage
• Audit firm background and experience is an added advantage
• Market Awareness
• Customer Focus
• Continuous Innovation
• Ownership and Commitment
• Team Spirit
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.