IRAU Credit Risk Associate
Deadline of this Job:
08 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ICG Risk Analysis (IRAUs) is an integral part of the Institutional Credit Management ("ICM") organization. The IRAU's mandate is to deliver best-in-class credit risk analysis, monitoring and credit administration as a partner to ICG Risk and Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory's (BCMA) shared commitment to ensuring the safety and soundness of wholesale lending across ICG.
ICG Risk Analysis Credit Risk Associates are responsible for a portfolio of ICG Risk Relationships, owning the Credit Risk Analysis for those relationships, and being responsible for the continuous monitoring of that portfolio. That includes the production of Annual Reviews, Quarterly Reviews, and the support to Ad-Hoc Transactions and Portfolio & Industry Reviews and Stress Testing.
This role has responsibility for the portfolio of specific industry relationships and the role reports directly to the ICG Risk Analysis (IRAU) Credit Risk Team Lead of the respective industry.
• Assess the credit and financial strength of Citi's most complex Large Corporate, Public Sector, and Financial Institutions Clients by performing fundamental credit analysis of counterparties using both quantitative and qualitative factors
• Complete Credit Analysis Write-up Memos and Final Obligor Risk Ratings of Citi's Counterparties based on independent assessment and judgement completed on the due diligence of the client and industry knowledge to provide appropriate extensions of credit remaining within Risk appetite
• Continuous monitoring of the covered portfolio, including following industry trends, impacts to key relationships, and escalation of potential credit issues to Credit Risk Team Leads, ICG Risk and BCMA partners
• Reviewing and providing recommendation on the risk raking across this sector
• Partnership with applicable regional and industry stakeholders in BCMA and Independent Risk in the implementation of credit assessment and monitoring standards for applicable portfolios
• Support ICG Risk Analysis Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives
• Travel (less than 10%)
• Demonstratable financial services experience, including 3-5 years of credit experience in Banking, Credit Risk Management or equivalent credit experience
• Strong knowledge of Wholesale Credit Processes and organizational awareness including IRAU functions, covered portfolios, and processes
• Sound understanding of policies and procedures with the ability to execute change seamlessly
• Well-developed analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial components (liquidity position, leverage profile with the ability to form independent opinions on credit and recognize emerging risks
• Solid and thorough knowledge of Citi´s systems
• Experience in preparing presentations for seniors
• Full awareness and adherence to the control environment including Quality Assurance and Quality Control
• Assists colleagues in identifying stretch opportunities to elevate individual and team performance
• Coach and mentor analysts to develop team strengths and improve weaknesses
• Proven culture carrier
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence with and without direct authority
• Strong organizational skills with ability and willingness to work under pressure and manages time and priorities effectively
• Clear written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
• Good Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
• BA/BSc or higher degree in Business (MBA), or any other related subject
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.