Independent Financial Consultant
Jobs at:The Green Belt Movement
Deadline of this Job:
26 March 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Scope of Work
The Independent Financial Consultant will assist in preparation for two projects audits and the overall institutional audit for the year 2021 and 2022.
Specifically, the consultant will review, advice and ensure the following:
• Review grant contracts, budgets, schedules and other projects and organizational documents;
• Review financial and narrative reports for the audit period;
• Review and ensure completeness of all the payment vouchers and support documents for the audit period according to the submitted financial report;
• Review and ensure reconciliation and completeness of staff time sheets and payroll and statutory returns;
• Review and ensure reconciliation of both cash and bank statements;
• Review and ensure year-end entries and reconciliation in preparation for the overall institutional audit;
• Review adherence to each specific projects and budget lines within each project;
• Review adherence to authority or approval to incur expenditure;
• Review board approvals for the expenditures as required;
• Review adherence to all GBM and donor policies relating to financial management and procurement;
• Assist in reviewing, preparing and filing of any other document in preparation of the said audits;
• Perform any other related issues as may be deemed necessary in the course of the consultancy; and
• Prepare a final report showing identified findings and how they were addressed in preparation for the two projects audits and the overall institutional audit for the year 2021 and 2022.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field;
• Certified Public Accountant or CPA –K holder;
• A minimum of five years of experience with financial management, including financial controls, accounting, reporting and audit;
• Must have carried out at least three similar assignments in support of audit preparation;
• Familiarity with grants management, including demonstrated knowledge of rules, regulations, and reporting requirements is an added advantage; and
• Experience with accounting software like QuickBooks.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for the Independent Financial Consultant, applicant should submit a detailed work plan that includes a quote for total cost.
They should also send a cover letter and CV in one document outlining their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th March 2023 with the subject line: Independent Financial Consultant Application.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.