Inpatient Credit Controller
Jobs at:Avenue Healthcare
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, June 26 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Liaise with Head of Credit and the receipting and the allocations team to ensure accurate and timely receipting of individual debtors’ payments in the accounting system.
2. Confirm daily admissions in all the wards, follow up on cash deposit top ups on a daily basis, and ensure 100% collection of individual debtors.
3. Collect and register collateral from cash patients who have requested and been granted credit by the management, and submit to the Hospital Manager for safe custody who will release them once the bill is fully paid.
4. Prepare monthly aged debtor balances, Collect all monies from insurance, corporate and individual credit customers as and when it falls due, follow up overdue accounts by telephone, email, letter and clients visits as need and within agreed timelines.
5. Ensure the unit is financially viable and demonstrate growth by managing costs.
6. Processing of patient discharges in collaboration with insurance and direct credit companies as well as cash payers while ensuring compliance to company credit policies and guidelines.
7. Follow up on Letters of Undertaking as well as medical reports as and when requested by insurance companies
8. Maintain and share individual debtors payment reports to the Head of Credit and the Financial Controller on a monthly basis.
9. Ensure that Avenue Healthcare corporate governance policies are adhered to, including preventing, detecting, and reporting any fraud or criminal activities, and Implementing audit recommendations.
10. Ensure adequate knowledge of and compliance to all Avenue Healthcare policies, procedures, and systems, especially policies pertaining to the provision of medical services and finance.
11. Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounts, or its equivalent.
2. CPA II
3. 2+ years’ experience in a similar role in a busy Credit Control setting, preferably in a Hospital set-up
4. Expert knowledge in credit management.
5. Customer focus and results oriented
6. Strong interpersonal skills, team playing abilities, and communication skills.
7. Highly responsive, ethical and responsible
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.