Insurance Project Specialist, Science Based Targets Initiative
Jobs at:World Resources Institute (WRI)
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
What you will do:
• Outreach, Engagement, and Partnership Management (30% time)
• Work in conjunction with SBTi partners to assist the Net-Zero target-setting method development process
• Use and maintenance of SBTi project management and collaboration tools (e.g., Asana, Slack, Google Drive, etc.)
• Support in coordination of the collaboration with the Net-Zero Insurance Alliance, public consultation and road-testing process with the Net-Zero Manager
• Support in managing responses to the insurance-specific inquiries
Methods Development (70% time)
• Support development of resources, specifically related to insurance underwriting, in the FI Guidance & Net-Zero Standard development process
• Produce high-quality documentation based on internal product and scoping requirements on Insurance Underwriting for the SBTi Standard for Financial Institutions
• Contribute to the updating of the SBTi financial sector criteria and framework
What you will need:
• Education: You have completed a Bachelor’s in risk management, insurance, finance, business, economics, environment, sustainable development, administration, international relations, social sciences, law or related fields.
• Experience: You have 3+ years full-time relevant work experience in the insurance industry, ideally with climate and/or regulatory expertise.
• Experience in the insurance and reinsurance underwriting process (at least one year of experience)
• Experience in developing and promoting sustainable insurance strategies, approaches, products and solutions (encompassing insurance ESG risk management, net-zero insurance, insurance for low/zero-emission technologies, climate and disaster risk insurance, inclusive insurance and/or nature-positive insurance)
• Ideally spanning both non-life and life/health lines of business
• Prior experience at the international level in program management and stakeholder engagement is required.
• Prior experience in responsible investment is advantageous.
• Languages: You have verbal and written English proficiency.
• Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.