Internal Audit Assistant
Jobs at:Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
Deadline of this Job:
27 December 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Research and support the design and implementation of audit programmes.
• Develop audit notification letters and engage customers in a timely manner.
• Complete risks and controls matrix relating to area under review.
• Conduct desktop reviews.
• Evaluate existing areas of risks and controls within AECF thematic processes and assess them in order of priority and suggest ways of mitigation.
• Assist in conducting risk-based audits and system compliance audits.
• Review and advise on compliance levels through regular appraisal of the actual operations.
• Review the compliance with laws and regulations, efficiency, and effectiveness of operations (including safeguarding of assets), and reliability of financial and operational reporting.
• Assist in collection of data for the preparation of periodic reports to staff, senior management, and the board, highlighting progress made, challenges faced and insights/learnings from audit activities.
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations that will help deliver learnings to AECF team on audit activities.
Audit Follow up
• Assist in determining management action taken to address previous audit findings.
• Assist in maintaining the follow up database.
• Conduct specific analysis as requested by Head of Internal Audit.
• Keep track of draft or final reports issued and alert on actions per the Internal Audit SLAs.
• Ensure all audit documentation is well maintained in a repository.
• Other duties may be assigned by the Head of Internal Audit.
Suitable candidates should:
• Hold an undergraduate degree in business management, finance, or other relevant field of study.
• Possess a minimum of 3 years’ working experience in audit of private companies.
• Possess the ability to interact with donor-funded organizations.
• Hold a professional qualification in CPA, CIA or CISA.
• Demonstrate proven ability to document findings and provide possible solutions.
• Possess ability to interact and maintain professional standards with stakeholders.
• Demonstrate communication, presentation and writing skills with the ability to effectively communicate within the organization and externally.
• Possess excellent written and spoken English. Working knowledge in French or Portuguese is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role register and apply on: https://recruitment.aecfafrica.org
To be considered, your application must be received by: 27th December 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.