Internal Audit Manager, Clinical & OPCS
Jobs at:The Nairobi Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
28 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal Audit Manager, Clinical & OPCS
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for carrying out independent and objective assurance of the hospital’s internal controls through regular audits and/or special investigations in line with the annual audit plan.
Roles And Responsibilities
• Participate in the preparation of the annual audit plan in line with key risk areas and strategic priorities of the hospital.
• Prepare audit notifications for the intended function where the audit will be carried out in order to inform and detail the audit areas.
• Attend entrance meetings in order to share the audit objectives and program with auditees.
• Prepare and submit the audit program to the Internal Audit Manager including risk assessment, evaluation of control environment, formulation of audit objectives, designing audit procedures, information gathering, and evidence analysis to ensure quality risk-based audits.
• Execute audits in line with the audit program, clearly documenting the following: sample selection, working papers, risks, recommendations, criteria, and prepare the same for review;
• Act upon review notes raised and close within agreed timelines.
• Generate and submit draft audit report to the Internal Audit Manager for review.
• Schedule and attend exit meetings with auditees in order to discuss and agree on audit findings, highlight internal control weaknesses and obtain auditee’s feedback.
• Follow up auditees for their comments, action points and timelines in order to update the final report.
• Submit final audit report to the Internal Audit Manager for review.
• Prepare the executive summary of the final audit report for submission to the Head of Internal Audit for onward submission to the Board Audit Risk & Governance Committee.
• Carry out follow ups when due with auditees on action points to ensure implementation of the audit recommendations and prepare related reports for submission to the Internal Audit Manager.
• Carry out special audits upon request by management for purposes of investigation.
• Undertake periodic spot checks for identified areas to ensure full compliance to applicable controls.
• Carry out continuous audits for high-risk areas in line with the audit plan; and
• Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
Education Skills And Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Finance or other business-related fields from a recognized institution.
• Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA.
• Possession of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor certifications is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
• Active member of ICPAK/IIA
• Technical & Behavioural competencies
• Knowledge of internal audit and applicable standards
• Working knowledge of internal audit software such as IDEA & TeamMate
• Understanding of hospital operating model
• Computer literacy skills
• Analytical skills
• Judgement skills
• Independent minded
• Attention to detail
• Planning and organizing skills
• Customer service skills
• Team player
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter, CV/Resume & Academic certificates) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials, and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 28th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates. The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Director, Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100 NAIROBI
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.