Internal Audit Manager
Jobs at:Privatization Commission
Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Other key responsibilities include:
• Review budgetary performance, financial management, transparency and accountability mechanisms and processes;
• Facilitate external Audit function;
• Initiate development of the Audit charter;
• Provide reasonable assurance on the state of risk management, control and governance within the Commission;
• Review effectiveness of financial and non-financial performance management systems;
• Assess compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures;
• Assess whether resources are acquired economically, utilized efficiently and adequately protected;
• Provide secretariat services to the Audit Committee;
• Develop and coordinate implementation of audit strategies, policies and procedures to ensure achievement of Commission’s objectives;
• Prepare and coordinate the implementation of the risk based annual audit plan in consultation with Management and Audit Committee of the Commission;
• Coordinate the preparation of audit reports on completion of each assignment to ensure timely issuance to Management for implementation of recommended actions;
• Monitor progress and effectiveness of action taken to implement audit recommendations received from both internal and external audits;
• Coordinate execution of special audits/investigations;
• Prepare and present quarterly audit reports to the Audit Committee of the Commission;
• Evaluate the performance of staff in the Department to ascertain efficiency and effectiveness in work performance in meeting the objectives of the function; and
• Approve departmental budgets and work plans to match operational requirements with available funds, control and manage the budget and expenditure.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
• At least ten (10) years’ relevant experience gained from a reputable public or private organization;
• At least three (3) years’ experience in management;
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or relevant field from a recognized university;
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field from a recognized institution;
• CPA or ACCA finalist;
• Member of ICPAK or any other professional body in good standing;
• Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Demonstrated results in work performance;
• Proficiency in computer applications; and
• Fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The Candidates who had applied for the position of Principal Compliance Officer need not to re-apply.
Applicants should send their applications and detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and day time telephone through the address given below.
The following clearances will only be required from successful candidates on offer of job and not at application stage:
Clearance from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Good Conduct Certificate);
Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate);
Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
Clearance from Credit Reference Bureaus (CRB);
Applications clearly citing the position should be sent to:
The Executive Director/CEO
P.O. Box 34542 – 00100
Social Security House - Annex (Parking Silo) 10th Floor
Applications should be received not later than 5.00 p.m. on 15th November, 2022.
Privatization Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Persons with disability, females, youth, marginalised and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.