Internal Audit Manager
Jobs at:The Nairobi Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
28 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal Audit Manager
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit & Control, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out independent and objective assurance of the hospital’s internal controls through regular audits and/or special investigations in line with the annual audit plan.
Roles And Responsibilities
• Prepare the annual audit plan in line with key risk areas and strategic priorities of the
• hospital in consultation with the Head of Internal Audit & Control.
• Develop the audit program testing procedures in order to guide the audit process.
• Attend entrance meetings in order to share the audit program and agree on audit objectives with auditees.
• Execute the audit and provide guidance to internal auditors including assigning work, reviewing working papers and providing review comments to ensure delivery of quality audit work.
• Review the draft audit reports to ensure compliance to quality standards and audit objectives.
• Review follow up reports to ensure management action points are captured comprehensively and timeously.
• Attend exit meetings alongside internal auditors in order to discuss and agree on audit
• findings, risks. root causes, recommendations, timelines and obtain auditees’ feedback.
• Update and submit final audit report to the Head of Internal Audit for review.
• Prepare and/or review the executive summary of the final audit reports for submission to the Head of Internal Audit for onward submission to the Board Audit, Risk & Governance Committee.
• Review special audit reports conducted by the auditors upon request by management for
• purposes of investigation.
• Review continuous audit reports for high-risk areas in line with the audit plan.
• Monitor and ensure implementation of external audit recommendations to ensure timely closure.
• Review periodic spot check reports on full compliance to applicable controls.
• Identify, deploy and motivate the internal audit team through fair performance appraisal, identification of training needs, mentorship and coaching as well as leave and absence management in line with the hospital’s staff welfare; and
• Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
Education Skills And Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Finance or other business-related fields from a recognized institution.
• Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification is desired.
• Minimum 6 years relevant experience with demonstrable supervisory experience.
• Must be a member in good standing of a relevant professional body such as ICPAK/IIA/ISACA.
• Technical & Behavioural competencies
• Ability to conduct information systems audits
• Knowledge of internal audit standards
• Working knowledge of internal audit software such as IDEA and Team Mate
• Understanding of hospital operating model
• Supervisory skills
• Independent mindedness
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Superior Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Planning and organizing skills
• Customer service skills
• Team leadership and collaboration skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter, CV/Resume & Academic certificates) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials, and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 28th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates. The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Director, Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100 NAIROBI
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.