Internal Audit & Risk Manager
Deadline of this Job:
11 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Opportunity
Inkomoko is currently seeking a qualified individual who will be based in any of the Inkomoko locations. The successful candidate will have the following duties:
Planning & risk management (90%)
• Develop, monitor and regularly update the company wide risk register
• Develop risk management strategies
• Ensure adherence to industry rules & regulations and coordinate the creation, review and implementation of policies and procedures resulting from new laws and regulations
• Coordinating rollout and training on new policies and procedures
• Ensure regulatory compliance including the central bank and the tax administration
• Develop a risk management policy and control framework for the organisation
• Establish and advise management on the company’s risk appetite
• Conduct internal reviews and audits
• Conduct risk assessment in existing and new locations that the organisation expands to
• Report risk management information to management
• Ensure staff are regularly updated about the company’s policies and processes
• Instill a risk awareness culture across the organisation
• Conduct research and keep management updated on risk management best practices
• Conduct full circle audit including risk management over operation effectiveness and efficiency, financial reliability and compliance with regulations
• Advise on risk aversion measures and cost savings
• Recommend and implement risk management solutions such as safety, security, insurance, business continuity plans and recovery measures
• Review and assess potential fraud activity and develop fraud detection tools
• Investigate fraud cases and report to management
Administration and operations (10%)
• Work with various departments to assess and mitigate risks in various projects they undertake
• Perform tasks assigned to you by your supervisor and/or management
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
• University degree in Risk management, Insurance, Business Administration, or related field.
• Professional qualification such as Global Risk Management Institute (GRMI), Institute & Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA certification), CRM certification, Certified Forensic Fraud Examination, International Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management, or any other risk management related qualification will be preferred
• At least 4 years of work experience in risk management, compliance, compliance audit or other relevant fields
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power-point presentation
• Good understanding and application of Risk management ISO standards
• Good understanding and application of COSO Enterprise Risk Management Framework
• Ability to read and interpret company’s financial statements in a risk management and compliance perspective
• Ability to compute and use financial ratios in interpreting financial and operational risks
• Ability to assess risks and exercise reasonable judgement in making a decision
• Analytical skills with the ability to pay attention to details
• Ability to meet deadlines and work independently with the highest level of personal integrity
• English and Country’s national language fluency required
What You'll Get
This role is a tremendous opportunity to work in a high-growth, mission-driven organization. Our compensation includes both a great culture and a competitive market-based package, including:
• Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth, and a commitment to inclusion and diversity.
• Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals across the region.
• Ability to make a significant social impact and contribute to economic growth.
• Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus.
• Favorable policies like health insurance, staff savings program, parental leave, sabbatical program, and more.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you have matching qualifications for the role, please submit your cover letter and CV + your preferred location
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.