Internal Auditor – Investments
Jobs at:CIC Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The bearer of the role is responsible for the execution of audits/assessments of controls and processes across all investments of CIC Insurance Group against leading practices, frameworks and common standards (e.g. Company policies and procedures, International Standards on Auditing, International Professional Practices Framework, International Financial Reporting Standards, Regulatory bodies such as the RBA, CMA, etc.).
S/He is also expected to participate in the preparation and implementation of annual work plans and budgets.
• Play a lead role in Investments audits – including the execution of evaluation and design of controls by carrying out independent tests and assessments of compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations as per the approved annual work plans plus audit tasks assigned to other areas;
• Assist in monitoring and identifying areas of internal control weaknesses and non-compliance within procedures and provide sound and practical recommendations to management;
• Provide value adding recommendations and supporting in the creation of policies and the automation of procedures and processes to ensure an appropriate level of internal controls, standards of efficiency and compliance are maintained;
• Assist the ICT Auditors in performing risk assessments and proactively identifying risks on all new and existing ICT systems to improve internal controls and operational effectiveness and efficiency;
• Prepare Investments internal audit reports – presenting clear, concise and timely internal audit working papers;
• Review implementation of previous audit findings and ensuring deliverables are on time and up to the expected standards;
• Contribute to developing and maintaining productive working relationships with the business; and
• Work effectively as a team member: providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members and management on progress.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Statistics, or any business related degree with strong quantitative focus
• Professional certification: CPA (K) or Chartered Accountant (CFA and/or Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment –CISI- qualifications an added advantage)
• Broad and deep understanding of investments
• Good understanding of guidelines and standards as prescribed in IIA-IPPF and other relevant investments standards
• Good working knowledge of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) and data analytics tools.
• Minimum of six (6) years of experience in audit 4 of which must have included audit of investments including but not limited to bonds, annuities, stocks, pensions, unit trust funds, various bank products, treasury bills, etc.
• Experience in business operations an added advantage
Skills and Attributes
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise and knowledge of software requirements for audit of systems procedures
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Excellent communication skills – written, oral, presentation, report writing
• Strong decision making skills
• Critical thinking
• Ability to maintain highest levels of integrity and objectivity
• Willingness to learn and continuously expand technical and business skills in all areas
• Flexibility in mobility
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.