Internal Auditor - Analytics/Forensics
Jobs at:Communications Authority of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 23 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, May 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Under the supervision of Principal Internal Auditor, Projects, the Internal Auditor Analytics/Forensics is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting
• activity aimed at adding value and improving the operations of the Authority. This role requires
• expertise auditing, internal controls, and governance processes with the regulatory environment.
• The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping the Authority minimize risks around fraud
• and corruption.
• Conduct fraud risk assessments and identify warning signs of fraud related activities.
• Build a framework for forensic auditing and investigations within the organization.
• Carry out investigative audits using best practice investigative methods.
• Create awareness on risks of fraud and corruption and mitigation strategies.
• Gather, examine and analyze evidence to support prosecution in a court of law.
• Establish mechanisms for using and protecting whistleblowers.
• Employ forensic auditing techniques to detect cybercrime and related issues.
• Collect data and analyze all forms of digital evidence from computer systems.
• Apply the rules of evidence during investigations to ensure the findings meet the required standards.
• A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, Science, IT or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
• Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
• Holder of CPA(K) or ACCA, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years’ experience in forensic audits and/or data analysis in the financial or IT sector or with a reputable audit firm.
• Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The Authority offers a competitive package in line with its Human Resource Policies and Procedures and Public Service Guidelines.
Director level appointments shall be for a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory
performance while the position of Deputy Director Human Resource Management shall be for three (3) years. The rest of the positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed on https://www.ca.go.ke/about-us/work-with us/careers/
Documents to be submitted by the applicants
Applications should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following documents: -
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
• Certificate of Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
• Dully filled and stamped Self-Declaration/Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
• A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
• The Self-Declaration form from the EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Submission of Applications
The application letter indicating the specific position and reference number should be addressed to:
The Director General
Communications Authority of Kenya
P.O. Box 14448
Applicants are invited to submit applications via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 23rd June, 2023 at 5.00 p.m. East Africa Time.
The Authority is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified Kenyans including Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.