Internal Auditor (Information Systems)
Deadline of this Job:
06 February 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for planning; conducting audits on Information and Systems in line with the audit plan or as requested by the board or audit committee.
• Conduct continuous risk assessment of the information and technology environment in the group.
• Execute the IS audit plan and when required, oversee the activities of the IS Audit team, using a risk based approach / methodology.
• Be involved in the development of the Group’s annual Information and Systems audit plan.
• Continuous review of internal processes and controls to determine their effectiveness of the Group’s risk management plans.
• Should be capable of facilitating an integrated approach to IT and business auditing.
• Assist IS Audit manager to coordinate with external auditors on IT related matters.
• Provide knowledgeable advice on engagements relating to information systems, controls and processes.
• To be involved in pre and post implementation reviews for new and internally developed systems, and in the review and follow up of computer security matters.
• Develop new, enhance and / or improve and maintain a sound audit manuals, work papers audit procedures and standards.
• Attend to other relevant duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the IS Audit Manager.
• Determine internal audit scope for particular assignments.
• Maintain open communication with management and audit department management.
• Identify and communicated to management “continuous improvement initiatives, and evaluate the adequacy of internal control systems.
• Gather adequate audit evidence to support findings and suggestions for improvement.
• Assisting the Manager in the review and documentation of existing internal control systems for adequacy and effectiveness, and making recommendations for improvement.
• Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures:
• As would be described in your Personal Score Card.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (IT, Computer science or business).
• Certified Information Systems Analyst (CISA), CRISC or CISM.
• 4-6 years working experience in an Audit related field.
• Good understanding of the SDLC and agile.
• Knowledge and experience of operating systems, databases, IT networks (LAN & WAN) and financial applications.
• Working knowledge of IT / IS and governance standards (COBIT, ITIL, NIST, OWASP, ISO 27001).
• Good understanding of IT risks.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
• Knowledge of internal audit procedures.
• Knowledge and experience in data analysis / analytics.
• Decision making – ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner.
• High moral and ethical standing.
• Highly motivated
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.