Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This role will be tasked with ensuring Internal Audit, Risk Management, Assurance, Quality Control and standardization of the functions of the company; as well as evolving and developing processes to ensure adherence to policy, prudent reporting requirements, cost management and internal controls. You will report to the Managing Director- EA.
• Development of Departmental policy, procedures and systems including documentation where necessary.
• Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
• Working in liaison with other Departments, offer technical support in revision of operations, accounting, procurement, and HR manuals in order to ensure adherence to company policy, statutory compliance and reporting requirements.
• Work with Finance and ICT, Business development, Operations, Credit, HR and Administration departments in reviewing systems and establishing appropriate controls and procedures as pointed out by External Auditors Management Letter.
• Establish a process for controlling transactions and processes to ensure compliance with policy, statutory and reporting requirements.
• Carry out regular and impromptu inspections of all processes, policies and procedures ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and best practice guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time by local and global organizations.
• Regularly inspect company records and transactions and evolve scrutiny methodology that ensures compliance and sets standards to be adhered to for such from time to time.
• Follow-up on outstanding audit issues and conduct staff training on audit areas and programs geared towards raising level of compliance.
• Bank-wide AML, KYC & CFT Responsibilities
• Communicating and reinforcing the AML-CFT (Anti Money Laundering & Counter Financing of Terrorism) compliance culture established by the board.
• Implementing and enforcing the board-approved policies within the Department, Unit or Branch
• 5 years of experience in an internal audit or external audit environment
• Bachelor's degree in business or Finance with a CPA (K)/ ACCA qualification
• CISA Certification would be an added advantage
• Experience in operational risk management
• You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. You’ve started and/or contributed to projects you’re passionate about.
• You are a great collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.