Jobs at:Corporate Staffing
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Planning and conducting risk-based audits. Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and audit objectives.
• Regularly audit prudence or authenticity of all official property management system(s), applications, and software or manual processes in use and recommend corrective and or improvement measures to minimize risks.
• In-depth understanding of the business processes and identification of key process risks and related internal controls.
• Monitor and evaluate key processes as appropriately identified in the risk assessment during assignment planning. Identify internal control issues for key processes in a timely manner to proactively avert losses.
• Ensure successful completion of assigned/planned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning, fieldwork and wrap up activities.
• Perform audit procedures to verify the implementation and effectiveness of controls through testing and interacting with the relevant company staff.
• Discuss audit findings and recommendations with the BOD and departmental heads; identify and communicate control issues noted, offering practical solutions relevant to business and related risks.
• Prepare and submit timely, quality audit reports; engage in meetings with management and departmental heads and advise on improvements.
• Constantly monitor if the audit recommendations have been implemented by the management by way of follow- up audits and report on any gaps observed.
• Coordinating the documentation and revision of standard operating procedures (SOP) with key emphasis on adequacy of controls.
• Carry out spot checks including physical audit on key areas such as room audits, petty cash, operating expenses, payroll, manpower, assets, debtors, creditors to name a few.
• Carry out audits on landlord accounts including landlord statements-returns, payments/drawings, overpayments, recoveries, charges, and the processes thereof.
• Carry out audits on tenant accounts for correct invoicing of rent, service charges, bills, payments, account balance accuracy and general tenant management processes.
• Assess, evaluate and advise management on how to achieve statutory/ legal compliance.
• Audit scheduled payments such as licenses, rent, and renewals for compliance to avert shut downs or downtimes Conduct ad-hoc/ special investigations and reviews as requested by management/ BOD; Managing of audit files and ensure proper filing of working papers.
• Update the BOD, Senior Managers, and/or Heads of Departments managers on regular basis; on the execution and progress of assigned tasks and any arising significant internal control issues.
• Undertake any other tasks as assigned or requested by the BOD, senior management, or heads of departments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business management, or the equivalent from a recognized university minimum of an Upper Second class Honors.
• CPA (K) qualification, or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years of work experience as an auditor; in internal audit or external audit in a reputable company/ firm.
• Strong computer literacy especially in the use of MS Office suite.
• CISA or CIA qualification is an added advantage.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to pay attention to details.
• Ability to observe and understand business processes; ensure processes are documented completely and accurately.
• Creative/innovative Self-driven individual with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality, and professionalism.
• Strong time-management and organization skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Flexible and willing to perform unscheduled urgent tasks on short notice.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.