Jobs at:Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI)
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position No. 5: Internal Auditor
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director General, the Internal Auditor is responsible for the Internal Auditing function, reviewing accounting, financial and other operational controls of the Institute to ensure compliance with the Institute policies and objectives, and the accuracy and implementation of internal control systems,
Review and evaluate the adequacy of Institutes internal control framework and develop recommendations for improvements and implementation of internal control systems;
1. Review and evaluate the adequacy of Institutes risk management procedures and make strategic recommendations for improvement;
2. Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable institutes' policies, directives and regulations;
3. Examine and inspect activity records, accounting systems and procedures relating to organizational assets to determine their efficiency and the degree of resource utilization and make relevant recommendations for improvement;
4. Developing and scheduling comprehensive audit programme of policies and procedures;
5. Carry out Risk based audits and performance audits for all Institute areas of operations;
6. Determine the extent of compliance with policies and procedures affecting financial operations and make appropriate recommendations,
7. Maintain a dashboard of the identified risks and ensuring monthly and quarterly reporting; and
8. Act as an objective source of insight, foresight and independent advice Io management.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Accountancy;
2. Full professional Qualification such as CIA, ACCA, C1MA and CPA;
3. Master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration, and/or Information Systems will be* an added advantage;
4. Must lx? a member of the professional bodies such as Institute of Internal Auditors (11 A);
5. Al least ten (10 years) years relevant post qualification experience as an auditor; and
6. Experience in auditing educational institutions will be an added advantage.
Competence and Skills
1 Demonstrated know ledge of approved principles, procedures and practices involving accounting
and financial records;
2. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of internal control systems,
3. Ability to execute audits;
4. Demonstrated knowledge of audit procedures, planning, audit techniques, testing and sampling methods and tools used in conducting audits
5. Proficiency in spreadsheet, database, presentation applications, computerized finance, accounting, auditing and record keeping systems;
6. Ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of audit information; and
7. Able to make sound independent judgment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Job application procedure
Applications with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, and three (3) referees should be addressed and emailed to:
The Director General
P.O. BOX 3030
Only applications sent by email will be considered Closing Date: 10 August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.