Jobs at:Execafrica Recruitment Limited
Deadline of this Job:
22 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, in Logistics and Distribution Company is looking to hire an Internal Auditor.
The Ideal candidate should have 5 years and above experience in FMCG setup.
To develop asystematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Delivery of an agreed program of internal audit work focusing on ensuring that financial and other control procedures identified in the risk register are being properly implemented, managed, and used across the organization.
Development of staff and partner organisations through training and input into improving existing and new policies and procedures.
Ensure existence of and compliance with internal controls, procedures and processes that:
• Secure assets of the company
• Ensure accuracy of company records
• Prevent fraud and error
• Ensure existence and adherence to company policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with both regulatory and legislative requirements
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Documentation and review of all existing processes and procedures, both manual and automated, mapping and highlighting all critical control areas.
• Assessment of compliance to existing policies and procedures.
• Evaluate existing internal controls adequacy within the company; and recommending corrective action, wherever applicable to prevent fraud, embezzlement, misappropriation, misuse, and wastage; as well as, ensuring that objectives of the organization are achieved efficiently, and effectively.
• Continuous evaluation of the company’s systems and processes for effectiveness and recommending to management on possible areas of re-engineering, re-organization or overhaul as the case may be.
• Ensuring the company’s Management are actively managing their business risks, in line with best practice. Champion risk management activities within business units, ensuing that risk management programs are robust.
• Preparing an Annual Internal Audit Plan based on risk assessment including tasks, assignments, and timelines for completion for each task and main activities, personnel to be employed, and reporting results of audit weekly and monthly.
• Preparing special reports when asked for by the management on various aspects of financial management, including asset management and security, financial reporting, decision support systems, management Information systems.
• Ensuring that systems exist for generation of accurate and reliable financial and other information
• Prepare audit programs that will allow performance of audit procedures covering all areas of the business cycle for head office and branches that is: Stock process, Debtors Cycle, Creditors Cycle and Human Resources.
• Perform audit for the various cycles at least once a month based on the audit programs, prepare reports, and provide a report to the management for decision.
• Prepare reports to management at the end of each audit cycle reflecting the areas audited, audit findings, recommendation to management.
• Support in the embedment of Control, compliance culture through trainings and assessments to promote adherence to the entity corporate governance standards and the code of business conduct. Liaise with the external auditor on Quarterly Audits, annual audits and returns filing.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
• Bsc in Finance, Economics or Business Management (second class upper Division.
• Minimum Aggregate grade B Plain in KCSE with C+ in Mathematics and English.
• Minimum CPA (K).
• Must have minimum 5years’ audit experience in FMCG.
• Effective team Management Skills.
• Excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• High level of honesty, integrity, speed, and attention to detail.
• Ability to generate reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
• Strong proficiency in the use of IT.
• Ability to cope with responsibility, flexibility, and high pressure.
• Ambitious, confident, energized, and proactive.
• Enthusiastic and a mature team player.
• Has planning and organizational capacity.
• Has a strategic perspective.
• Business analysis and results focused.
• Must have a valid and clean driving license.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Execafrica Recruitment Limited does not charge any recruitment fee to candidates for interviews and job placement.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.