Jobs at:First Assurance Co Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
23 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To provide specialist advice & support in area of specialization enabling the provision of an approved audit plan in compliance with auditing methodology.
• The core responsibility being to execute audit assignments in accordance with the Group Audit Plan and relevant policies, procedures and quality standards. Job Description Accountability: Audit Delivery and Issue Assurance
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of the methodology, by attending training sessions and using knowledge gained during audits, use this proactively in executing audit activities.
• Deliver assigned by the Audit Manager / Head of Audit work to a high quality and in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Assurance scorecard.
• Assist the Audit Manager with planning and execution of Design Effectiveness and Operationing Effectives Testing, uniformly applying the methodology and quality standards, focusing the work on key risks, with minimum supervision from the audit manager
• Develop and maintain relationships with key audit contacts on each audit by attending continuous stakeholder meetings. In addition, engage closely with stakeholders during 2 assignments and encourage open discussion and interaction with business on the risks associated in their environment
• Engage proactively with Internal Audit colleagues Absa Internal Audit (AIA) during assignments and request technical assistance where required. Technical assistance may be requested for the review of the risks and controls to be tested, audit working papers and audit report.
• Based on knowledge of business areas, provide guidance to other auditors and peers by sharing best practice so that their work meets and sometimes exceeds quality standards.
• Support the Audit manager in the identification of risks to be tested by participating in planning sessions.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of Absa and the various business areas and use this knowledge to assess risks and controls through identifying, assessing and documenting risks and controls within these processes.
• Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls and document all working papers in high bond for review by the audit manager.
• Ensure all audit observations and planned actions are factually agreed with management as soon as they arise and increase the speed of report issuance. Provide suggestions to stakeholder management on how they can address the control issues identified.
• Document all working papers in line with methodology requirements. The working papers must be accurate, reflective of work performed and support conclusions drawn.
• Display professional scepticism, raising and discussing contentious observations with management and provide evidence to support all issues identified.
• On an ongoing basis throughout the audit, discuss and agree the factual accuracy of audit observations with the Audit Manager and Head of Audit.
• Provide feedback to the Audit Manager and audit team with progress and observations raised during the audit by communicating honestly, frequently and effectively. Build and maintain good working relationships with fellow auditors. • Participate fully and be supportive in all audits by providing assistance to the team where required. Be quick to learn and seek opportunities to share this knowledge with colleagues
• Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across selected business units from interaction with management and provide feedback to the Audit Manager.
• Assist in the induction of new joiners, mentoring less experienced team members.
• Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the Audit Manager – which may include managing Issue Assurance and production of team Management Information.
• Perform Issue Assurance testing and documenting of the working papers in accordance with the requirements of the Methodology. Accountability: Knowledge Management
• Improve technical knowledge through self-learning or training including mandatory Continuous Professional Education requirements.
• Share knowledge with AIA colleagues and peers in the business.
• Develop and enhance learning through seeking coaching, training and continual feedback
• Coach new joiners and trainees on how to apply the methodology. In addition, to proactively share knowledge of within the team, leading a session at a team meeting.
• Build knowledge of business and culture in business units for the Retail portfolio as assigned by the Audit Manager
• Knowledge of key regulations, including FIC, KYC and AML, Sanctions, for business areas / locations within remit Accountability: Reporting
• Prepare audit observations and make sure that they are concise, factually accurate and cover all the significant issues. The observations must be insightful, address the root causes, and have agreed actions that fully mitigate the risk.
• Assist the Audit Manager where required, in the drafting of the audit report in line with methodology requirements and as per the requirements of the Balanced Scorecard. Accountability: Relationship management
• Develop and maintain relationships with accountable management on each audit.
• Present effectively at stakeholder meetings and forums (e.g.: Risk and Governance forums) to share knowledge and information including methodology, standards, changes and new developments with business stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.