Jobs at:HF Group
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall Job Purpose
The Internal Auditor will be responsible for performing internal audits with a view to identify underling business risks, recommend corrective actions and to advice the stakeholders on the adequacy and reliability of the controls with the aim of enhancing service delivery and shareholders’ value
• To plan and conduct/ execute / carry out the internal audits of all the business functions of the company with a view to identifying risks and recommend corrective actions to improve the business control environment.
• Generate quality audit reports on findings for reporting to management and to highlight exceptions noted and recommending improvements.
• Following up on corrective measures to ensure the corrective actions are undertaken as agreed for both internal and external reports by the regulators i.e. KPMG and CBK.
• To review policies and procedures to ensure they are adequate and minimize risks by building in internal controls within the internal procedures and policies.
• Maintenance and archiving of audit reports and audit working papers for internal and external audit assignments.
• To review and advise on any new product features, policies, procedures and services to ensure adequacy and suitability.
• Conduct investigations to identify any lapses or fraudulent transactions as when required with a view to recommending further controls to avoid future losses.
• Peer review of the audit reports to ensure these capture all the relevant value adding issues and are understood by the teams.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• A business related degree from a reputable institution.
• Must have qualifications in CPA (K), CISA, ACCA.
• CIA is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 3 years working experience in an audit function in a financial institution or an external audit firm
Key Competencies and Skills
• Must have Information Technology and accounting skills.
• Practical experience in use of CAAT tools skills e.g. ACL
• Proficient in use of MS Office tools.
• Working knowledge of electronic working papers tools e.g. Team Mate.
• Report writing and analytical skills.
• Good understanding of the Bank’s processes and procedures.
• Ability to think broadly and critically.
• Ability to work independently under strict deadlines.
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated good planning and organisation skills.
• Must be a team player and have integrity
• Must be adaptable to working in different locations/ environments.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.