Jobs at:Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA)
Deadline of this Job:
21 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position is responsible for executing audit plans for individual internal audit assignments to provide independent and objective assurance on the effectiveness of the Authority’s risk management, control, and governance processes; as well as audit consultancy services designed to add value and improve the Authority’s operations.
Duties and Responsibilities will entail: -
• Execute individual audit assignments based on tests and programs designed by the Senior Internal Auditor;
• Collect audit evidence, document working papers and draft audit reports for review by Senior Internal Auditor;
• Ascertain that transactions have been made in accordance with set regulations and vouch their accuracy and propriety;
• Verify existence of assets administered by the Authority and recommend safeguards for their protection;
• Review the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial information and other disclosures provided to management;
• Carry out independent assessment of the application and compliance with established policies, procedures and other applicable laws and guidance in the Authority; and
• Monitor implementation of audit recommendations raised from internal and external audits
• Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Computer Science or any other relevant qualification from a recognized University or Institution.
• Certificate in Computer Proficiency
• Meets the provisions of chapter six of the Constitution
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
• The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
• Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Insurance Regulatory Authority (Registry Section) at Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g “REF:SO/01” for Supervision Officer). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by close of business on 21st June 2022.
In accordance with The Employment (Amendment) Act, 2022, the Authority will require candidates it wishes to enter into a written contract of service with to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution by submitting mandatory compliance and clearance certificates from the relevant entities
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.