Jobs at:Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL)
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The purpose of the role is to plan in conjunction with the Internal Audit Manager and lead in carrying out specific audit exercises both on a continuous basis and on periodic scheduled audits mainly involving regular reviews of the KWAL’s operational processes and related financial records and transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with related policies, standards, guidelines, procedures and statutory requirements while also addressing efficiency, economy and effectiveness.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Area 1: Audit Planning
• Prepare and implement audit plans, strategies, policies &procedures in consultation with the Internal Audit Manager to ensure all risks in the assigned auditable areas are fully addressed and periodic audits are completed within the agreed schedule as set out in the annual audit plan.
• Conducting preliminary surveys (risk assessments) to guide in preparation of the audit plan for the audit engagements.
• Supervision of assistants and their work while at the same time contributing to their development by helping them to be conversant with internal audit best practices and standards, broad and specific audit objectives and detailed audit procedures in order to guarantee a functional and resourceful audit staff.
• Carry follow up reviews to ensure that earlier raised audit issues are closed with the agreed timelines.
Area 2: Risk Management & Control
• Carrying out audit reviews to assess the effectiveness of risk management and adequacy of internal controls.
• Develop appropriate risk assessment matrices to be used as a guide in the process of identifying inherent risks and internal/management control risks within the assigned auditable areas.
• Develop appropriate audit tests aimed at addressing identified risks and achieving the desired audit objectives taking the shortest possible time with a view to provide assurance to the Board of Directors that such risks are effectively managed or mitigated.
• Draft suitable reports on key control weaknesses, detected non-compliance with KWAL policies, guidelines, statutory requirements and procedures and discuss with relevant managers obtaining their comments then review with Internal Audit Manager before issuing as final necessary corrective action.
Area 3: Team management
• Support the head of department in managing the human capital in the section through day to day supervision, performance management, training needs assessment and overall staff motivation.
• University degree in a business-related field.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in auditing in a medium to large organisation.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or (CISA) is required.
• Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.