Jobs at:Mavoko Water & Sewerage Company
Deadline of this Job:
09 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mavoko Water & Sewerage Company, is a licensed water service provider (WSP) in Machakos County whose main mandate is to provide water and sewerage services to the residents of Mavoko Sub County. We are currendy seeking an internal Auditor responsible for undertaking assurance audits and special review^, assessing controls to ensure policies, procedures and systems are robust and are adequately applied for effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of the company.
• Formulating and implementing internal audit policies and procedures;
• Leading in development of enterprise risk management framework including die on-going identification and assessment of die company's key risks:
• Evaluating the company's risk profile, and advising on the appropriate risk management strategies:
• Ensuring development of a risk register:
• Reviewing internal control systems and make necessary recommendations;
• Preparing internal audit plans and ensuring they are adhered co:
• Planning, organizing and completing audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls.
• Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with the policies, plans.procedures.statutory requirements and regulations:
• Executing internal audits in compliance widi international audit standards guidelines and best practices:
• Developing audit programmes for audit of all areas of die company's operations and preparing audit reports:
• Directing and/or performing audit programs as determined necessary;
• Ensure all special investigations are properly defined and executed including personally investigating any fraud cases:
• Conducting investigative audits as may be required from time co time:
• Ensuring audit trails in MIS and manual documentation, all entries have supportive documentation and diere exist adequate system backup in all areas of operation:
• Monitor integrity of financial statements:
• Presenting audit findings to management:
• Monitoring and assessing management's progress on past audit results and follow-up on Audit Committee reports:
• Drafting audit reports for distribution to executive management and the Audit Committee: and
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Appointment for the position will be made from persons who have:
• Bachelor degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance) or its equivalent from a recognized university:
• Member of the relevant professional body (ICPAK.CIA or Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya):
• Minimum of seven (7)years of experience in auditing with at least three years in supervisory level:
• Good communication and report writing skills;
• Team player:
• Analytical and decision-making skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.and
• Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Job application procedure
Please submit your application with a detailed CV. stating your current position,e-mail and telephone contacts by post
or delivery to our Offices Situated along Old Mavoko Road,next to Co-operative Bank,Athi-River,
on or before 9th August, 2022 addressed to:-
Mavoko Water and Sewerage Co. Ltd, P.O. Box 582 - 00204, Athi River.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.