Jobs at:St. Francis Community Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, July 01 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Prepare a risk based internal Audit Plan/ Program for every financial year.
• Identify internal controls issues for key risk processes in a timely manner to proactively avert losses;
• Coordinate with relevant departments on the preparation and updating of the risk register for presentation to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Hospital Advisory Board (HAB).
Internal Audit and Controls
• Developing and presenting for approval the internal audit charter
• Planning and conducting risk-based audits. Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and audit objectives;
• Discuss audit findings and recommendations with Chief Executive Officer and departmental heads; identify and communicate control issues noted, offering practical solutions relevant to the hospital and related risks;
• Prepare and submit timely, quality audit reports; engage in meetings with management and departmental heads and advise on areas of improvements;
• Constantly monitor if the audit recommendations have been implemented by the management by way of follow- up audits and report on any gaps observed;
• Coordinating the documentation and revision of standard operating procedures (SOP) with key emphasis on adequacy of controls;
• Assess, evaluate and advise management on how to achieve statutory/ legal compliance;
• Conduct ad-hoc/ special investigations and reviews as requested by management/ HAB;
• Update the Audit and Risk Committee; on execution and progress on assigned tasks and any arising significant internal control issues;
• Liaise with the external auditor, regulators appropriately in consultation with CEO, CFO and the HAB.
• Strong knowledge of standards, procedures, and general auditing policies
• Effective and explicit communication skills in both oral and written forms
• Ability to analyze and solve problems relating to auditing and related disciplines
• Excellent Computer skills and knowledge of audit and accounting software
• Possess good interpersonal skills and high level of integrity.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Finance or other business-related fields from a recognized institution.
• Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA.
• Possession of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor certifications is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
• Active member of ICPAK/IIA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should submit and address their applications, enclosing a detailed CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received by 30th June 2023.Applicants MUST indicate current and expected consolidated salary in their application and indicate INTERNAL AUDITOR on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.