Internal Auditor/Risk Officer
Jobs at:Rift Valley Institute of Science and Technology
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Vacancy No. RVIST/2022/1
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
• Carrying out audit inspections of Institute’s records.
• Carrying out audit checks and identifying any accounting errors.
• Collecting data on periodical financial returns, estimates and expenditure.
• Participating in developing and updating internal audit manual.
• Stocktaking and carrying out risk assessment, corruption risk assessment and anti-corruption awareness activities.
• Examining vouchers, cashbooks, ledgers confirming the propriety and accuracy of the transactions; auditing of systems and processes.
• Undertaking audit assignments and preparing detailed audit observations and reports.
• Carrying out institutional risk evaluation, and efficiency audit.
• Conducting financial and systems audit.
• Selecting, evaluating and implementing risks mitigation strategies.
• Reporting on risks status and mitigation actions.
• Monitoring risk exposure and advice the management.
• Identifying, analyzing, integrating and assessing areas of risks.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Passed Part III of Professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, and CRISC from a recognized institution.
• Be a registered member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) (Kenya Chapter) or any other a relevant professional body.
• Demonstrate proficiency in computer use and applications..
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The details of the posts can be accessed from the website, www.rvist.ac.ke . Interested and qualified persons are required to apply in writing and submit it to the undersigned on or before 7th October, 2022. Rift Valley Institute of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer.
Youth, Women and Persons with Disability (PWD) or from marginalized groups or minority communities are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL/ BOG SECRETARY
RIFT VALLEY INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
P.O. BOX 7182-20100 NAKURU
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.