Internal Control Consultant
Jobs at:African Guarantee Fund (AGF)
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 10, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Internal Control Consultant will be responsible for assisting the Group Chief Internal Controller to conduct timely risk-based internal audits in accordance with annual audit plans as well as assisting with other audit matters and assignments including compliance activities and provision of consulting or advisory services wherever required
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Contribute to the development of the annual risk-based audit plan.
• Establish and update risk-based audit programs.
• Carry out scheduled assurance or consulting engagements at the Group or subsidiaries level as assigned by the Group CIC.
• Evaluate the company’s control, governance and risk management processes and promote their continuous improvement.
• Review effectiveness and efficiency of internal control system.
• Determine compliance with AGF policies and procedures and assist the management in implementation of company policies through reporting on adherence or non-adherence of laid down policies of the company.
• Review company’s compliance with external laws and regulations, and to ensure adherence.
• Evaluate and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of the implementation of management policies and procedures.
• Make follow-up on the implementation of the audit recommendation and ensuring that improvements are made.
• Prepare audit reports on findings of the engagement with the entity’s management attaching relevant supporting documents/audit evidence and document their comments on these audit findings.
• Perform compliance activities in line with the company compliance framework (AML/CFT).
• Prepare a weekly, monthly and quarterly activities report.
• Perform any other task as assigned by the Group CIC.
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
• Maters’ degree in Auditing or Finance or Accounting or Risk Management.
• Professional Accounting Qualification (CIA or CPA or any relevant qualification).
• At least 5 years relevant experience in the financial services industry or in an auditing firm; 2 years MUST be in the Big Five Firms.
• Strong analytical, written/oral, communication.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments under pressure while meeting tight deadlines.
• Hands on experience in developing and managing audit plans and strategies.
• Strong risk-based audit capabilities.
• Excellent knowledge of and experience with IPPF (International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing) and AML/CFT international standards and requirements.
• Excellent knowledge of and experience with General Accounting Principles, International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of Financial Planning and Management, Financial Scheduling and Audit Reporting.
• Ability to compile and report results of activities.
• Strong knowledge of strategies approaches and tools in Business development.
• High degree of computer literacy a must.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills.
• Bilingual – fluent in English is a must and French will be great plus.
• Advanced problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
• Good operational risk management skills.
• Strong prioritization skills.
• Advanced interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Advanced presentation and communication skills.
• Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in an evolving environment.
• Ability to learn quickly / develop the necessary skills.
• Team player with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Must have coaching skills.
• Excellent project management and consulting skills.
• Excellent IT skills.
Additional eligibility competences and desired characteristics
• Attentiveness to details.
• Ability to use spreadsheets and accounting software.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
• Self-driven individual with a passion and flair for helping SMEs succeed
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should apply via email by attaching a cover letter summarizing their relevance to this position and a detailed Curriculum Vitae sent as one document to: email@example.com “Application for Internal Control Consultant” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message. Applications will be considered until 31st March 2023 or until the position is filled.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.