Internal Controls & Process Optimization Associate
Jobs at:Kyosk Digital Services
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, May 30 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Evaluate the efficacy of business processes, internal controls and risk management procedures currently in place and make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes.
• The position holder will use various tools to diagnose and highlight inefficiencies in the SOPs, policies and day to day transactions of the company.
• He/she will conduct audits and reviews of organization controls, operating procedures and ensure compliance with policies and regulations to review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness and proper application of all internal controls and compliance procedures.
• As a Stock Controller they will be responsible for managing inventory and purchase merchandise based on our company’s needs.
• Stock Controller responsibilities will include tracking shipments, overseeing inventory audits and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing.
Internal Controls and Process Optimization:
• Internal controls framework: Continuously review and monitor existing systems to improve their effectiveness and increase the organization’s process maturity levels.
• Develop operational capabilities to ensure the company can survive adverse effects; lead diagnosis and highlight inefficiencies, fraud and revenue leakage.
• Test the controls set by the organization’s management (for vulnerabilities) and give recommendations on how to mitigate against risks.
• Participate in end-user testing of applications, systems and dashboards pointing out any inconsistencies or variations from the business requirements.
• Conduct regular reviews of the internal controls system to ensure that necessary modifications and improvements are identified and made on time.
• Evaluate the application of internal operational guidelines/manuals, identify deviations and recommend appropriate changes whenever necessary.
• Ensure that Line Managers and key staff in control functions are well aware of the company's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and processes and drive adherence to the SOPs.
• Compile and discuss reports detailing findings, implications and recommendations for system improvements. Prepare comprehensive reports to the Internal Controls and Process Optimization Manager highlighting identified gaps.
• Conduct daily cycle counts on inventory to ensure accuracy and avoid stock-outs or overstocking. They will need to check inventory levels against what is recorded in the system and report any discrepancies, out-of-stock items, overstocking, expiries, or unrecorded items.
• Check and confirm all GRNs against physical invoices received from suppliers ensuring that the correct invoice quantity and details are well uploaded in the system.
• Confirm that all daily driver reconciliations are submitted and fully reconciled.
• Follow up on any pending reconciliations and inform the loss control supervisors and the line manager, creating a tracker to update once the issue is resolved.
• Investigate any items hanging at virtual warehouses determine the root cause ensuring that all items are properly recorded and uploaded in the system.
• Create an asset tracker for allocated branches, audit assets regularly and report on missing or damaged items ensuring that all company assets are used properly and are in good condition.
• Lead monthly stock take events, coordinating with team members to ensure accurate counts and reports, ensuring that all procedures are followed and that the stock take exercise is completed accurately and on time.
• Train new counters, verifiers, and other team leads on stock control processes. They must ensure that all participants are equipped with the necessary knowledge and tools to carry out their duties.
• Follow up on stock entries and ensure stock adjustments are escalated and cleared on time prior to stock take events.
• Observe and report any incidents, breaches of SOPs or internal controls, or other relevant observations in the warehouse visited.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field a plus
• At least 2 years in internal controls and risk management;
• Knowledge and appreciation of internal controls, finance or risk management
• Proven understanding and application of internal controls management frameworks
• Proficiency is any statistical software will be an added advantage
• Proven track record of working with cross-functional teams
• Proven work experience (2 years) as a Stock Controller, Inventory Manager or similar role in a busy Restaurant
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills
• Goal-oriented, organized team player
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
• Good interpersonal skills to work with management and staff at all levels
• Good understanding of supply chain procedures
• Working knowledge of inventory management
• Active participation in inventory audit
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Kyosk Digital Services on kyosk.hire.trakstar.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.