Internal Risk & Audit Manager
Jobs at:Tenwek Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal Risk & Audit Manager
Reporting to both the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Audit & Risk Board Sub-Committee, the Internal Risk & Audit Manager will be responsible for undertaking continuous independent audit engagements and plans and internal control reviews, ensuring that the operations of the Hospital are carried out in line with the documented policies and procedures, comply with legal and statutory requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Formulation and implementation of all audit policies and work plans in the Hospital.
• Prepare and implement audit plans to ensure all risks in the auditable areas are fully addressed and periodic audits are completed within the agreed schedule as set out in the annual audit plan.
• Ensuring that previous year Audit recommendations are implemented, and errors are resolved properly.
• Document result of Audit testing; develop recommendations and draft Audit reports based on Audit testing.
• Study and inspect budgets, financial records and statements and assisting the Hospital in preparing them.
• Develop appropriate risk assessment matrices to be used as a guide in identifying inherent risks and internal/management control processes in all areas.
• Risk evaluation: review reports on key control weaknesses, detect non-compliance with Hospital policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements and procedures and discuss with relevant departmental heads for action.
• managing the departmental team through training and development to ensure optimal productivity and high value services.
• Any other duty as may be assigned by your supervisor
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance/Auditing options), Finance, Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• CPA-K holder
• Membership to Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or relevant Professional Body.
• Possession of Computerized Information system Audit will be an added advantage.
• At least five years’ experience in the Internal Audit, in an audit firm or in a comparable and relevant position.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability
• Proficiency in Computer (Ms Office) and Accounting Systems
• Ability to manipulate large amount of data and to compile detailed reports.
• High attention to details and excellent analytical skills.
• Effective communication (Oral and writing reports) and presentation skills.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested in any of these challenging opportunities, send your application letter with a detailed CV and Statement of Faith addressed to:
The Human Resources & Administration Director
P.O. Box 39 – 20400
Applications should be sent directly through firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th August 2022 with the position being applied for as subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing and all communications will be done through official line and email
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.