Investigator (Risk & Compliance)
Deadline of this Job:
10 May 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Investigator (Risk & Compliance)
The Investigator assists the Director of Compliance and Investigations with coordination and conducting investigations as well as general OCIA information processing, analysis, and dissemination. Reports discrepancies, prepares investigation plans, and understands the specific issues to be evaluated. Maintains in-depth understanding of established business process controls. Develops formal written reports to communicate audit results to management and regulatory compliance agencies and makes recommendations on corrective actions as appropriate. May require skills in finance/accounting, project and country office operations, audit knowledge, and interviewing skills. Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Automated Directive Systems (ADS) Series 300, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) may also be required.
• Conducts investigations of alleged misconduct, fraud, waste, and other issuances.
• Serves as point of contact to receive, review, analyze, and draft investigation documents.
• Coordinates the investigation throughout the investigation cycle which includes initial inquiry/report, analysis, and final report writing.
• Assists with setting up meetings and coordinating conference calls, briefings, and schedules
• Maintains documentation relating to the investigative work as required by applicable regulations and Office of Compliance and Internal Audit practices.
• Assists Office of Compliance and Internal Audit management in compiling and presenting analytical data on internal investigations.
• Reports investigation findings to appropriate management at any time when issues need to be addressed.
• Coordinates reviews of ad hoc and annual Conflict of Interest (COI) disclosures
• Prepares clear and concise Internal memos and investigation notification to be submitted to the Office of Inspector General or the funder designated office of compliance.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in relevant field such as Law, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field from a four-year college or university.
• 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in investigation related work, internal audit, or financial analysis in a global, geographically disbursed organization; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• CFE, CIA, or CPA certification is strongly desired.
• Foreign language skills such as French, Portuguese, or Spanish desired
• Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
• Project administration experience; experience interfacing with management regarding Internal Audit and Investigations.
• Familiarity with non-profit and Government Contracting Rules and Regulations.
• Prior overseas experience and knowledge of foreign languages preferred.
• Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
• Computerized accounting software experience and proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
• Articulate professional and able to communicate in a clear and positive fashion with clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
• Demonstrates ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize information from many sources.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; must be able to work with a minimum of supervision in the conceptualization, planning, management and implementation of activities.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, project management, and prioritization skills.
• Proven computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, electronic mail and knowledge of the Internet and on-line systems.
• Applies general knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, entity/company practices and concepts.
• Familiar with general principles and process involved in conducting an internal audit.
• Familiar with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
• Applies general information technologies to meet work needs.
• Provides basic or general oral and written information.
• Initiates and maintains relationships with industry representatives, external auditing firm, co-workers and others.
• Organizes and formats reports to comply with applicable guidelines and provides appropriate documentation to support conclusions.
• Presents oral and written testimony on basic issues.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.