Jobs at:Kenya Climate Ventures (KCV)
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Investment Manager, you will lead deal origination, evaluation and presentation for investment decision, and contribute to the overall vision and direction of KCV as a member of the management team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Investment Manager will participate in development and continuous of the KCV investment strategy and will be tasked with its execution to ensure KCV’s sustainability and achievement of the agreed upon growth plans. You will work in liaison with the investment and enterprise development teams to;
• Lead a high performing investments team of Investment Analysts and Investment Officers;
• Manage all internal processes of communication and coordination regarding investment opportunities in order to prioritize, build consensus for investments and achieve set goals;
• Source and originate investments, carrying out initial investment appraisal, due diligence, investment negotiation, value creation and exit strategies;
• Develop and implement effective strategies that enable timely deal identification, evaluation and execution;
• Manage the due diligence process;
• Coordinate delivery of pre – investment support required by the selected pipeline investments.
• Develop propositions, presentations and reports for the Investment Committee;
• Deal execution including valuation, structuring and negotiating terms, management of expert advisors through to completion;
• Document, validate and update with the operational environment and continuously seek ways to improve and expand reliable pipeline for KCV to invest.
• Develop a system of deriving knowledge and understanding of investors’ appetite relevant to KCV’s portfolio, building relationships and educating them about KCV portfolio and follow – on investment opportunities;
• Represent KCV during events and conferences and provide thought leadership in climate lens investing to increase KCV brand/mission awareness;
• Identify potential investor networks and corporate/strategic investors within target industry verticals with the capability to invest; and
• Establish and deepen relationships with venture capital/private equity associations.
Do you have what is takes?
For this role, the qualifications include;
• At least 7 years investments experience in venture capital, private equity, corporate venturing ideally in an early stage investment fund, in a financial, commercial or fundraising role, investment professional in an impact or private equity fund;
• Master’s degree in finance or related field;
• CFA certification is an added advantage;
• Demonstrable understanding of venture investment and end to end investment cycle;
• Over 5 years’ experience in financial analysis and financial modeling.
• Strong analytical skills, including interpreting investment industry statements, research and operational analysis;
• Strong leadership, influencing and communication skills;
• Entrepreneurial individual with unquestionable integrity.
• Proven experience in industry stakeholders’ management, relationship building skills with strong networks across sectors including funding agencies and impact investors;
• Proven experience in managing teams;
• A good understanding of rural and/or financial services markets in Kenya;
• A strong business perspective, preferably with experience working with a financial institution or development financing institution;
• Experience with investments within the focus areas of renewable energy, water, commercial forestry, agribusiness and waste management;
• Experience investing in enterprises which apply climate lens, gender lens and/ or refugee lens investment;
• Must possess understanding of climate financing;
• Must possess good understanding of SGBs financing and support, private sector;
• Possess excellent command of the English language skills both writing and speaking;
• Must possess excellent planning, organization and management skills;
• Outstanding organizational skills, including ability to set priorities, develop work plans towards multiple goals, monitor progress and track details on information and activities;
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a good aptitude for transparency, patience and perseverance;
• Experience working in Sub Saharan Africa is an added advantage.
• In addition to listed qualifications above, a suitable applicant should be passionate about driving results in a fast – paced company (and industry), with a proven ability to work effectively within a team with timely and high quality delivery.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . The email subject should refer to the position being applied for. Closing date for applications is 30th July 2022. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Climate Ventures is an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.