Investment Officer- Kakuma
Jobs at:African Entrepreneur Collective (AEC)
Deadline of this Job:
27 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DUE DILIGENCE and INVESTMENT PREPARATION (60%):
• Respond to inquiries from prospective borrowers; support them to apply for our facility/investment products.
• Introduce the investment products to entrepreneurs, explaining the requirements for repayment and the seriousness of taking on debt financing.
• Conducts investment appraisal, collects detailed information (personal, business, and guaranties), and arranges to open a new investment account.
• Prepares and executes investment contracts and arranges for disbursement of investment in kind.
• Conduct due diligence on prospective borrowers, including site visits, document preparation, coordination with the Business Development Advisors and Business Associates, etc.
• Communicate all materials to the Portfolio Manager, and assist in preparing credit reports for Investment Committee meetings.
• Take photos of entrepreneurs, have them sign photo waivers, and ensure entrepreneurs’ stories are posted on the Kiva platform for fundraising with all correct information.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT (20%)
• Offer excellent customer service through daily conversations, correspondence, and site visits as needed to maintain strong positive relationships with borrowers.
• Work with the Inkomoko Kenya Business Development Services team to ensure borrower success, and Visit clients for monitoring.
• Maintain both delinquency and default rates below set rates during yearly goal setting,
• Track information about borrowers and communicate effectively with key stakeholders about client status.
• Actively participate as a key staff in the weekly Portfolio Review Meeting.
• Maintain a tracking system of borrower payments and contact information.
• Work with the Finance & Admin team to produce invoices for payments and monthly reconciliation of investment department transactions.
• Interact with government leaders, court systems, and others for follow-up on lack of payments.
• Ensure that we are adhering to the requirements of our Kiva partnership, including reporting and journaling.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (20%)
• Update both disbursements and investment repayments in the Investment Management System (LMS-powered by odoo)
• Maintain and demonstrate proficiency with investment software applications
• Work with system providers to utilize applications to their fullest capacity, streamlining processes and procedures, ensuring accuracy and compliance
• Assist with system parameters and design to meet the needs of multiple departments.
• Manage user security access
• Ensure proper segregation of duties, develop and maintain workflows for all stages of investment
• Advise the Management team on how to automate key lending processes
• Supervise all aspects of the investment operations. This supervision includes posting of payments, payoffs and balancing, disbursing investment funds
• Ensure the lending team is provided with updates and procedural changes
• Participates in the review and recommendations of operational systems and procedures
• Successfully interact with lending staff to improve the accuracy and efficiencies of the Investment management system
• Prepare related reports and administer the system
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
The investment officer will be a trusted partner of Inkomoko Kenya clients, and basic qualifications Include:
• University degree in Finance or other related fields,
• Must speak fluent English and Swahili. Knowledge of other local languages is a plus,
• Experience in Islamic lending and practice is an added advantage,
• Strong financial and accounting skills; familiarity with business financial policies in Garissa/Kenya
• Experience in investment management, microfinance, capital leases, and access to finance for Micro businesses and SMEs is STRONGLY preferred,
• Prior experience dealing with customers/debt,
• Prior experience in a lending environment,
• Experience providing business advice to entrepreneurs,
• Prior experience in Investment management system software,
• Decisive individuals with the ability to deliver unpleasant messages to the debtors and assertive enough to get the debtors to pay off the entire debt,
• Experience in managing difficult clients and reaching positive outcomes,
• Very strong attention to detail and good follow-through,
• Comfort with the civil court system and previous experience in litigation preferred,
• Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills,
• 2+ years of work experience in the relevant or applicable fields,
• Must be able to work in Kenya legally.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.