Jobs at:International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Deadline of this Job:
05 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• IFC is looking to recruit an Investment Officer for its Africa Infrastructure department. The hiring group is responsible for sourcing, executing and supervising investment transactions in the energy, transport, telecoms and municipal & environmental infrastructure sectors in Southern Africa and East Africa. IFC’s Investment Officers are responsible for the origination, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of IFC’s investment projects. This position is expected to cover all infrastructure sectors and is based in Nairobi, Kenya. The selected candidate will report to the New Business Manager Infrastructure, Southern Africa, and East Africa.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• The Investment Officer will identify new investment opportunities, execute transactions, and actively manage portfolio projects predominantly in Southern African and East Africa.
• Business Development: Source and assess opportunities, identify bankable projects anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge; synthesize information into internal reports for decision making purposes.
• Structuring and Negotiation: Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new debt and equity transactions, portfolio restructurings, capital increases, equity sales, etc. Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for complex transactions.
• Deal Execution and Transaction Management: Deliver all transactions and accountabilities of the role efficiently, on a timely and expeditious basis and using best practice standards. Ensure that defined transactional requirements recorded in documentation are executed accordingly. Monitor the portfolio and report development results internally and externally. Coordinate closely with social, environmental, legal, and technical assistance colleagues in structuring transactions, to add value to our clients' businesses, find pragmatic solutions to project and sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
• Strategy Development and Knowledge Sharing: Contribute to drafting strategies for sectors, countries, or regions for business development; and develop and execute strategies for more complex client engagements with the objective of building a robust investment pipeline. Build IFC's knowledge base for best practices and participate in knowledge sharing and dissemination. Initiate collaboration and share expertise as a subject matter expert, providing advice, peer review and contribution to knowledge products across WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions. Promoting the IFC brand and representing IFC at various conferences and workshops.
• Coordination with WBG: Support World Bank and MIGA colleagues on sector reform and unblocking constraints to attracting private sector capital.
• Mentoring and coaching: mentor and coach less-experienced colleagues to help build talent and grow the skill base of staff.
• Master's degree in finance or similar relevant education.
• 10+ years of experience with a development finance institution, a commercial bank, an international financial institution, or a private equity firm with tasks related to private sector financing.
• Proven track-record of sourcing, structuring, and closing private investment projects in infrastructure sectors, ideally including investments in Africa.
• Strong business development and client relationship skills demonstrated by track record; sound business judgment in screening and identifying leads.
• Deep industry and market knowledge of at least one infrastructure sector (energy, transport, telecoms, and municipal & environmental infrastructure); telecoms experience is a plus; understanding of infrastructure challenges faced by countries within the region.
• Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
• Project finance and equity investment experience is essential; strong credit skills backed by references and deal sheet; demonstrated ability to structure complex debt and equity transactions.
• Track record of portfolio supervision of complex projects.
• The position requires regional and international travel; hence the candidate should be willing and open to travel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; French or Portuguese is a plus.
• Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.