Deadline of this Job:
11 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Investment Officer will work with internal and external experts as required in the best interests of our partners and Oikocredit. He/she will act as a relationship manager, translating market developments and client needs into opportunities to create impact and do business. Although specialized in a specific sector, the Investment Officer is conversant with Oikocredit’s strategy, sectors and its products & services.
As an Investment Officer, you will be responsible for:
• Collecting data and information from the market; researching and approaching new clients to identify investment opportunities in the market taking into account the interests and investment parameters of Oikocredit.
• Collecting data related to clients, conducting due diligence and comprehensive analysis including risk analysis, financial analysis and business analysis including social performance and environmental criteria.
• Managing and monitoring the investments, reviewing clients’ financial situation, capacity and business status and providing recovery advice (if applicable).
• Designing and/or reviewing disbursement proposals, analyzing disbursement proposals, negotiating terms, preparing and submitting proposals to the relevant committee(s) for approval.
• Providing insights upon request or on own initiative regarding quantitative and qualitative developments within the portfolio and or investment by means of periodic and ad hoc reports and/or analyses.
• (Monitoring and) implementing compliance guidelines and standards for processes and investments within own area of expertise, based on Oikocredit’s procedures and regulations.
• Initiating, developing and maintaining partnerships with a variety of internal departments and external stakeholders, in line with business needs, policies and external developments.
This job might be for you if:
• You are service and detail oriented, have demonstratable ability to multi-task, good communication and relationship management skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and enthusiastic personality.
• You have an interest in the impact investing sector and are committed to the values of Oikocredit.
Qualifications, skills and experience
It is essential that you have:
• A minimum of 4 years relevant work experience in financing agricultural businesses. This is a mandatory requirement and should be described in your resume or cover letter!
• Advanced knowledge of inclusive agriculture/ agri-business
• Strong analytical skills
• Extensive user skills in Microsoft Excel and computer literacy in general
• Advanced university degree in the field of finance and banking, business, economics, or economic development
• Minimum four years of relevant work experience in agri business, agriculture, market analysis and/ or economic development in East Africa
• Fluent in both written and spoken English
• Additional remarks
• Willingness to travel within country/internationally up to 15-20% of the time.
• Initiative; cooperation; problem analysis and assessment; client and service orientation; result orientation; market orientation; persuasive skills; building and maintaining networks and relations.
• You will work in an inclusive, international, and diverse environment.
• You will benefit from a flexible work environment and a good work-life balance.
• You will have access to training and learning opportunities.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.